Jonsered 2065 2165 differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikefunaro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What are the differences between the 20xx and 21xx jonsered saws? Particularly the 2065 and 2165? They look essentially the same....

Functionally they are the same, but some of the plastic is different. Taplinhill or Spike could tell you the specifics. I think taplinhill has both.

I need to buy more saws. :)

I have a 2065 with a 20" & stihl RS

I love it & its cuts anything I want w/o any trouble at all.

From what I understand, the 2165 has closed ports & all but the late model 2065's are open ports.

Im not sure which mine is to be honest, but its a cutting fool.

The major change between the 2065 and 2165 was the updated crankcase (same as the 371 to 372 update) All of the cosmetics will swap. The open port closed port thing doesn't follow with the 21/20 naming, it is more date of build. Either saw can also have the Walbro or Zama carb (I think, as all of mine came with Walbros). As far as running them goes, mine are the same. Same feel, same power, same look.

The major change between the 2065 and 2165 was the updated crankcase (same as the 371 to 372 update) All of the cosmetics will swap. The open port closed port thing doesn't follow with the 21/20 naming, it is more date of build. Either saw can also have the Walbro or Zama carb (I think, as all of mine came with Walbros). As far as running them goes, mine are the same. Same feel, same power, same look.

What's different with the case? I was way off on that one, I just thought they changed the looks of some of the plastic. That's why you are more in the know than me. :)

I thought the crankcase story was a bit different, and the change just happened to the 71cc saws (2171 and 372xp), and the spare part inventory........

..but I have been wrong before.....

I believe the chain adjuster changed to a side access one on the 2165, but not sure........

Yes, and don't forget the "transparent" tank. I can't tell them apart.

I thought the crankcase story was a bit different, and the change just happened to the 71cc saws (2171 and 372xp), and the spare part inventory........

..but I have been wrong before.....

My Ipl's show the same part number for the 2165 and 2171, but i will have to take a look at some saws to be sure.

My Ipl's show the same part number for the 2165 and 2171, but i will have to take a look at some saws to be sure.

Yes, but IPLs are about spare parts, not always the same as the original ones - it is about simplyfying logistics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back