jonsered 2077 oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i was wondering if the oil pumpon the 2077 is rebuilbable or not. i cant tell but i dont think that it is. If any one has one that they would be willing to sell let me know. if not I guess that im going to have to sell the saw for parts.

thanks jason
810-531-1001

Is the pump physically damaged? We need more info on what is wrong here. That saw was sold in several flavors both red and yellow. Finding a pump should not be terribly hard.

i just cannot get it to oil. I have cleaned the tank and the lines and put everything back with no success. i just dont want to spend so much money on a new pump if i csn help it the saw isnt worth putting a ton of money into.
jason

i just cannot get it to oil. I have cleaned the tank and the lines and put everything back with no success. i just dont want to spend so much money on a new pump if i csn help it the saw isnt worth putting a ton of money into.
jason

A running 2077 is certainly worth the price of a new pump. Several here (including me) would give you that for it even with a bad pump.

Take the pump off and clean it up. Fill the intake port with oil from a can, and run the pump with your thumb. I would be willing to bet that it pumps oil. Now that we know the pump isn't the problem, have a look at the oil line. If that is good, check the tank vent. It is a pretty simple system. Pictures would help.

According to the Feb '06 price list, oil pump assembly 503 42 10 06 retailed for $82.60, dealer cost $61.95.

Have you checked the oiler output with the saw running and the bar & bar plate removed?

I have put oil in the pump spun it by hand and used compressed air to clean it out. I dont have the ability to post pics at the moment. Im just gonna keep my eye on ebay and see what i can find. the vent is clear and all od the lines are clear also.
thanks for the help
jason

Latest posts

Back