Jonsered 2172

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got two 930 Supers that are A and A+ condition. Very nice saws, with gobs of low end. Won't be parting with either of those babies. :givebeer:

Several years ago there was an eBay auction where George Blake/motorsag (some consider him to be the Jonsered guru) listed a 930 that he had rebuilt. I really wanted that saw, but wasn't home the afternoon the auction ended :cry:.

GREAT REVIEW! I looked at buying one today. I just cant decide between that and a husqvarna I know that husqvarna owns jonsered but the seller explained that there are sum diff in the jonsered and husqvarna saws. The main thing im looking for is a bigger saw round this size and one that I can throw in a piece of hard wood like hickory or oak and it will rip through it with no bog down or loss of torq. So if yall can tell me if theres any diff in the cutting torq between these two saws it wuld be nice. thanks

GREAT REVIEW! I looked at buying one today. I just cant decide between that and a husqvarna I know that husqvarna owns jonsered but the seller explained that there are sum diff in the jonsered and husqvarna saws. The main thing im looking for is a bigger saw round this size and one that I can throw in a piece of hard wood like hickory or oak and it will rip through it with no bog down or loss of torq. So if yall can tell me if theres any diff in the cutting torq between these two saws it wuld be nice. thanks

The handlebar angle and some plastic covers are different.

Got a 2172 from Spike60 yesterday...been wanting to get one for a while! One thing Spike60 mentioned and I had three long hours to think about was how the discussion over the last couple of years relative to X-torq and the future was a horrible thing. Maybe the 575 poisoned the waters...but still the conventional reasoning (If you call this place conventional!) was grab all the old 372's 460's etc before those horrible X-torq Strato Charged morphidite's clog the sales streams!

Spike brought a early version of a 562 and 372XP last year, maybe even the year before my memory is fogged; to a GTG and they were BOTH excellent. I've had time on an X-torq 372 and I think they are every bit as good as the old ones if not even better. I've also had a little time running the Jonsered CS-2172...like the look and ergo's better so when it came time to put the bucks where the heart was...well...a CS-2172 is in the house. Almost too pretty to work.:msp_unsure:

213769d1325093896-2172-jpg

PS: Things look good for the future of saws if these X-torq's & the others I have run are any indication!

PS: Never hear about the 7P's...but heard about the Three P's to a successful marriage once....Provide, Protect, Procreate! Better do ALL well...and continuously!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back