jonsered 525 CAD!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike68

mike68

ArboristSite Member
jonsered 525 CAD!!!! anyone know or used this saw??

I have bought a Jonsered 525 for £30.00 (about $44.00 I think). I have looked on acresinternet but would be interested to hear any thoughts on this saw. would also appreciate a manual if anyone has one.
cheers
Mike

Surley someone must of heard of it! or is it a real :monkey:

Last edited:
mike68

mike68

ArboristSite Member
has nobody ever used one of these? I was all excited as I thought I got a bargin. havent started it yet, am getting it on tuesday.
Mike

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Mike, great find on the saw! Nice price too. I have not run a 525 but I have a couple models in that series and they are good runners. Nothing too exciting about them, but they are solid runners that were pretty reliable. Let us know how you make out with it and post some pics! :cheers:

K9-Handler

K9-Handler

ArboristSite Operative
has nobody ever used one of these? I was all excited as I thought I got a bargin. havent started it yet, am getting it on tuesday.
Mike

Don't know specifically about the 525, but a friend gave me his dad's old 535.
The last time he used it was to cut roots on a stump -- while it was still in the ground. :dizzy: Aren't there laws on the books for CS abuse?
So I took it all apart and cleaned it up. New bar and chain and drive sprocket. Did a muffler mod.
Replaced the rope. All set to go. Looked really pretty.

Put in some fresh fuel and it popped on the 5th pull. Released the choke and it fired up on the next pull. I warmed it up and adjusted the L screw, then hit the trigger. Reved right up, but too high. While I was adjusting the H screw to bring the RPMs down there was a sudden and very loud BANG! then silence. Uh,oh...

A forensic investigation revealed that most everything from the flywheel out is toast. Shards of black and red plastic everywhere. The recoil spring looks like a bowl of black spagetti. :cry:

So parts availability being what they are, I gently took the saw and put it on a shelf, maybe to be dealt with later.

So if you get tired of your 525, I'll take your recoil/starter assembly!

Last edited:
mike68

mike68

ArboristSite Member
Bad news K9 on your 535, might cost a bit in postage if my saw is a dog! looking forward to fireing it up though.

Thanks for your reply Plant Biologist will try to post pics when it arrives.
mike