Jonsered 910 cylinder on a 930

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronie

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 910 cylinder on a 930? If so did you use the 930 piston? I know it will bolt up and the 910 piston will not fit on the 930 rod. I have a 930 case and a 910 cylinder and piston and have ordered a 930 piston to try out. I was just wondering what kind of results you got. Thanks for any help.

I have a 066 piston in a 910 but havent tried anything else. I should dig the old 910 out and see if I can get it to run.

I may have a 920 or 930 jug kicking around if you decide you want to go the easy way let me know.

After I give it a try I'll post the results. I read a post on here somewhere that a member tried it and the squish was .050. He did't say anything else about it. I'll post the squish and compression numbers sometime next week. If it works out we'll see how it runs.

Well I put on the 910 cylinder with a 930 piston and caber rings, no base gasket. I not sure about the squish because my solder wasn't thick enough. I twisted four pieces together and got .049 but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I'll pick up some thicker solder sometime this week and try it again. I check the compression and got 110psi, I checked it three or four times before i figured out the compression release was pushed in. After I pulled it out I got 147psi. It will be a little while before I get it running. I have to get some new AV buffers and a rubber intake boot, as soon as I do I'll post how it runs.

147 is ok with a big swuish like that. No worries it will run just wont be a real ringer. Just a firewood saw.

Just an update. It may be awhile before I can get this saw running. I just can't find the time to put it together. When I do I'll post how it turned out.

Just a reply to tell to everybody that a 910 cillinder on a 930 works but not with a 930 piston. you should use an 066 piston shorten those piston skirts about 2mm and then use an 1.5mm basegasket to raise the cillinder a bit. Take your squish and try it. For me it works perfect good compression and lots of torq and with that compression release its easy to start

Back