Jonsered 910E coil/plug wire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyoming777

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey fellas, first post here, I posted this at the chainsaw collector site a few days ago, but I thought I'd pick your brains too. I recently got a Jonsered 910E for not much, and it was running when I bought it, but now I get nothing out of it. It ran a bit when I primed the carb, but not for long. I pulled the plug wire and the round fitting that goes over the plug was gone, hardly any metal at all for the plug to contact with just rubber, so I'm sure theres no spark, or a really weak one at best.

My question is, is that a coil attached to the plug boot, and will I have to replace the whole thing (and does anyone know a source) or can these things be taken apart and repaired. The boot only pulls back a little way. Anyone have that plug wire in the back of a drawer somewhere?

I have a carb kit that I'll put in pretty soon too, I figure it could probably use one.

Anyway, i just thought I'd try to get some advise. I have and IPL and the Clymer book, but any thought s would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I'm not a Jonsered guy, But I'll give it a shot, Yes the coil wire is repairable/replaceable. go to a good local shop, I am sure they can fix ya up. I don't think this is your problem though, spark can jump quite far, but it gets weaker with rpm, so that's when you would notice the miss firing coil wire. I think your not getting fuel. I would go ahead and rebuild the carb, I like to use break clean with the little straw on it. make sure every hole is clean, cleaner than the preachers sheets clean, then reassemble. also, make sure your fuel line is in good shape, if it feels brittle, or has a pin hole or crack, change it. check/replace the fuel filter. and make sure the tank vent works proper.. I'm sure if you get the saws fuel system all fresh, It will be a runner again. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll go through that fuel system, your probably right, I'm going to get a coil from George Blake anyway, but I'll wait to put it in till I get everything else squared away. Hopefully I wont need it, it just doesn't seem like thered be much of a spark when theres hardly any metal touching the plug,

Back