Jonsered 910E

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't actually say for certain....it did not seem to be that way......and there was no tracking by ser number either.....that was one thing Stihl was always better at......documentation.

We still get calls up here once in a while from the Jred distributer looking for thin rings.....like we don't need them just like everybody else

Jonesred 910E

I just picked it up for $140 , fitted with a new 36" RS chain. He said he had it rebuilt several years ago and hasn ran it since, Im going to do a compression test later.

Does anyone know how many cc's it is, and the HP rating?

Kevin

I've got a 910. Itwas purchased as a project saw and sat in a box for a year while I scrounged up the NOS parts that I wanted for the rebuild. I finnaly got all the parts except the chainbrake parts to put in the clutch cover. Oh well most of my saws are pre brake era anyway. So I just finished the rebuild with an OEM NOS piston/cylinder and rings, a new ignition (this was a hard part to track down and yes I got both pieces) and a fresh carb rebuild. I just finished tuning it up with a 24"bar and 3/8 chain on an 8 pin rim today. All i'm waiting for now are the big nasty spikes I got for it. I will run it enough to brake it in and then probably sell it. The rebuild was the fun for me and anyway as old as this saw is, it is still more modern than I usually like. I will say that you guys are right about the power. I wouldn't put it far behind an 066 myself.

I just picked it up for $140 , fitted with a new 36" RS chain. He said he had it rebuilt several years ago and hasn ran it since, Im going to do a compression test later.

Does anyone know how many cc's it is, and the HP rating?

Kevin

It is 86cc's and I don't know for sure but I would guess that it has to be 6+ hp.

Don't suppose you have an idea where I can get a P&C for a Homelite 750, do you?[/QUOTE]

You are askin a toughie there. Nobody seems to have those parts.I do have a nos 750 cylinder as a backup for my 750, but no piston. If I run across more than one I will let you know.

I havent cleaned it up yet but I pulled the muffler off and there isnt even a scuff on the piston. No more than I will use it, it will last me a long time.

I just noticed the dogs are missing, anybody know where I can get some new ones?

Spikes

I've got a 910. Itwas purchased as a project saw and sat in a box for a year while I scrounged up the NOS parts that I wanted for the rebuild. I finnaly got all the parts except the chainbrake parts to put in the clutch cover. Oh well most of my saws are pre brake era anyway. So I just finished the rebuild with an OEM NOS piston/cylinder and rings, a new ignition (this was a hard part to track down and yes I got both pieces) and a fresh carb rebuild. I just finished tuning it up with a 24"bar and 3/8 chain on an 8 pin rim today. All i'm waiting for now are the big nasty spikes I got for it. I will run it enough to brake it in and then probably sell it. The rebuild was the fun for me and anyway as old as this saw is, it is still more modern than I usually like. I will say that you guys are right about the power. I wouldn't put it far behind an 066 myself.

Hoss,
where did you order the spikes from ? I need to order a set.

I got my spikes from "Cheapstihlparts" an ebay seller.
BTW. I had a chance to put my recently rebuilt 910 in some 22" hardwood today and man what a wild animal! Thall from this site ran it too and agreed with my assesment that the 910 is probably right on the heels of the 066/660.

I got my spikes from "Cheapstihlparts" an ebay seller.
BTW. I had a chance to put my recently rebuilt 910 in some 22" hardwood today and man what a wild animal! Thall from this site ran it too and agreed with my assesment that the 910 is probably right on the heels of the 066/660.

The 910 is on the heels of a 288XP.....:) :)

I need some thin rings for mine

I was fortunate enough to have Mark show me how to tear down the 920, I could have probably torn it down, but I am so efficient as a mechanic that I always have parts left over. I had the thick rings, and needed thin ones. Do any of you guys have a set? If not how about a piston and set of the thick rings. I can't see that there would be any problem just changing both, but there may be some reason that I am unaware of that this won't work. Do any of you know why there are two versions of the rings, and why the thin ones are hard to find? Thanks for any help. JR

Ive done some searches but cant find what its worth. Does anybody have an idea of the going rate for these in good condition?My grandpa has one and asked me if i wanted to buy it, to shoot him an offer. Its got a 36" bar and chain.

I had a 910E. Finally was nickel and diming me so bad I put it in the junk pile. Can't be worth much (if gramps used it like I used mine). Also, can't imagine running a 36 on that saw. Way too big (at least in my opinion).

Its not wore out, it was totally rebuilt some time ago and then sat on the shelf. No more than I will use it, it was worth the $140 not to mention the sentimental value. I agree the bar is on the big side for the saw, but I wouldnt say its Way Too Big.

Fine looking 910E you have there Kstill 361, sure brings back some good memories for me . You will have to get a full tube style chainbrake for it. I used my 910 with 20-24" in medium to heavy timber falling and limbing too because of its light weight, 8hrs a day 5 days a week. I would put it ahead of the 066 because of its superb power/weight ratio. Much lighter and compact then the 066. I beat a many 056s and 2100 Huskies in its day at the local powersaw contests with my 910.
If you can find one get the west coast wrap top handle for it, that will match up just fine with that 36" bar.

Willard:cheers:

Latest posts

Back