Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Robin,

Can you tell me if the same dawg will fit a 90 and a 49sp. A seller on Ebay seems to think so. Kevin has offered me a couple but I didn't want to take two if one won't fit my 49sp.

Thanks,

Lee[/QUOTEY]

Yes they do.......Jonsereds used the same dawgs on all models from the 49SP to 90.....

I got a new piston for my 525 and it has gone on well, both clips secured in their grooves not flying around the shop. I can't seem to slip the cylinder over the piston. Tried a zip tie but didn't work. I guess I need a proper ring clamp or check out Youtube

I got a new piston for my 525 and it has gone on well, both clips secured in their grooves not flying around the shop. I can't seem to slip the cylinder over the piston. Tried a zip tie but didn't work. I guess I need a proper ring clamp or check out Youtube

Baileys(and probably others) has some plastic ring compressors that are cheap and work great.

Scratch that....can't find them on their site right now. Maybe I didn't buy them there. They have a nice metal old-school ring compressor for about 15 bucks. The set I bought were orange plastic. I'm thinking then on eBay under chainsaw tools maybe.

Pretty sure this is it:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=chainsaw+tools

I swear Bailey's carried that a couple of yrs ago.

Kevin

OK got it in! Newb mistake, I had the ring on upside down. Flipped the ring over and on she went!

I think the piton stop in that kit is plastic...I've always used a piece of discarded fan belt off my TroyBilt. I'm definitely of the camp to use something soft....rope would be fine as well. And no, you wouldn't need a piston stop to install a piston. I think it's in there to help break down the clutch & flywheel if so desired.

Common mistake....have to look closely at those stop pins where the ring ends go.

Kevin

Same you Lee.....and everyone else on here for that matter!!!!
Hi again Robin,

Any chance that you might have a bar plate for a 520,525,535 I'm missing the outer one and the crankshaft is hitting the clutch cover. Got the new piston in and recoil spring replaced just need to clean and refresh the carb and find a bar and chain before flipping.

Hi again Robin,

Any chance that you might have a bar plate for a 520,525,535 I'm missing the outer one and the crankshaft is hitting the clutch cover. Got the new piston in and recoil spring replaced just need to clean and refresh the carb and find a bar and chain before flipping.

Well........I'd like to say I don't have any parts for those saws......but they are the same as 49sp/52 series....so I probably do...........You know I hate to be an enabler on the 5XX saws......but WTH..... it's the holidays...and you are gonna flip it right??? ......PM me with an address and I'll get one out to you...LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back