Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if I came across one of those with an HDB I would be ripping the HDB off and putting it on a 3700 or my 4000. They are the saws that the larger venturi HDB's were used on.
The Walbro site is down at the moment and I can't remember how much larger the venturis are but I think a couple of mm. Not sure about the 55cc version that Dean has but the 610's used the larger ones as well as HDC's I believe.

Thanks again Cory for the brake flag for my Jonsered 630. It fit great and looks good.

I really like using that critter.

Glad that flag worked out for you Tim. Gotta play safe if the option is there.

I recall I looked into that carb swap a bit ago. I will have to investigate again. The thing I recall with those Macs is they have the shutter choke set-up. I'll post up in the Poulan thread when I can get another look at that carb.

Waiting on case gasket to begin the complete 630 rebuild. Will be posting as I go along as there are a few scraps from a 61 I am hoping to use as well.

Best of the season folks.

"Loaner saw".... If someone wants to borrow one of my saws, they get me with it, period.

There are some things you should never loan out....I'd think a chainsaw is one of them....lol.

Kevin

It's one thing if you want to borrow one of my Jonsereds . . . but,eh, you can have the Mac. Bring it back when you're done. :surprised3:

It'll run great at 170psi, but the oil in there may be giving you a false reading(high). I have a lot of spare OE screws for the 80/90...let me know if you want some. The 90 is a serious saw with some serious torque. You're gonna need dawgs on it, because bucking with that torque will pull you right into the log and smash your muffler more. No saw like that should ever be run without dawgs.

The bars are the old J'red mounts.....10mm. Some of the large mount Husky bars will work right off(sloppy 9.5mm) without even modification. Others need a touch of trimming. Plus, there are always a fair amount of older 10mm bars for sale on eBay. I've got a bunch of the old Oregon bars with the half-moon, three rivet tip .404 sprockets and I can't find those tips ANYWHERE these days!

Kevin
The "large Husky" (D009) is 9 mm nominally, not 9.5.

D096/D196 are 9.5, but often comes with unusual (by today) dl counts.

Saw Troll excels at tracking down obscure info, maybe PM/Conversation him?
Sorry, I'm of no help here.

The 1020 is supposed to be the 100S, that is listed with the 1-piece RIFA in the document I have - but there may of course have been variations that are not listed in documents I haven't seen (early saws, market etc)?

Speaking of bar mounts, here's an interesting one. Here is a bar that I got on a 621. It is a 24" and I figured I would have a good bar for an 80/90. When I got the saw home and took off the bar I realized it was a D009 mount that someone really hacked to fit the 621. I was able to square up the slot with a big flat file, but it was a lot closer to 12mm than it was 10mm. So, I bought one of those Stihl adapters and use it on one of my 2171's.

P1010001.JPG

I still need several big ticket items but it's coming together slowly. I have a new flywheel and I have a recoil but I need a screen for it.

View attachment 473997

My second 111S sat on the shelf for years before I found a muffler and somebody to weld the various cracks on the rear handle, top cover, and clutch cover. There's a seller selling NOS screens on fleabay. I don't think any of those are 111, but try contacting him directly. He's who I got a NOS muffler and wrap handle from.

You need to do something about that Partner sticker. A 111 is certainly not that.

At least you can use common bearings and seals to overhaul that thing.

Chris B.

The "large Husky" (D009) is 9 mm nominally, not 9.5.

D096/D196 are 9.5, but often comes with unusual (by today) dl counts.

No, that's not true in all cases. I have a few large mount Husky bars that were supposed to be 9.5mm and fit the 80/90 without any modification. And I have one Husky bar that did need some die grinder work. The Husky bars were bought new by me back in the day.

Kevin

I still need several big ticket items but it's coming together slowly. I have a new flywheel and I have a recoil but I need a screen for it.

View attachment 473997

I wonder if you could make a recoil screen from a 80/90 work......did you try that guy that had the J'red parts listed that Tim linked to? That AF cover was an incredible find...good goin'!

Nah....lookin' at those recent 111S pics, the recoil screen looks unique to it.

Kevin

jons111s_3_zpspfrjomn2.jpg

The second 111S has decals now.

Chris B.

My second 111S sat on the shelf for years before I found a muffler and somebody to weld the various cracks on the rear handle, top cover, and clutch cover. There's a seller selling NOS screens on fleabay. I don't think any of those are 111, but try contacting him directly. He's who I got a NOS muffler and wrap handle from.

You need to do something about that Partner sticker. A 111 is certainly not that.

At least you can use common bearings and seals to overhaul that thing.

Chris B.

Yeah, what the hell is that Partner sticker doing on a 111S?? No Partner influence othe 111S that I know of....1020 yes.

Kevin

Thanks for the tip on the parts Chris, I'll give a shout to the seller.

As for the Partner sticker, I have no idea how that got on there. I bought the top separate and the sticker was on it.

Latest posts

Back