Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have a used OEM matched set of P&C from the same light use saw. With wrist pin bearing and thrust washers. Will need a new set of Caber or OEM rings and use the decomp and wristpin keepers from your 910. All threads for sparkplug, decomp and muffler are in perfect condition. No scoring what so ever on the piston or cyl. Piston is a good fit to the cyl as well. Both "B" size code. Throw the cyl in the bead blaster for a couple minutes and would look just like new.......no bent or broken fins. I'd send along a NOS cyl base gasket as well. Couple pics..,,,,If you're interested shoot me a PM.....

View attachment 1091039View attachment 1091040View attachment 1091041View attachment 1091042View attachment 1091043

View attachment 1091038
Very generous of you Robin. I made the guy an offer for the saw, low-ball considering the need for a new P+C, so I'll see what he says. If he bites, I will let you know.

My best looking 910E a few years ago (2015) with a scroungy 24" old style Oregon bar. It get very little use so it looks the same today except it now sports a full wrap with proper mounting and a new 32" Cannon bar.

View attachment 1091513View attachment 1091514View attachment 1091515View attachment 1091516
Hot dam*....bottom louver muffler too! Shoot us one pic of the full-wrap and the unobtainium AV on the clutch side. :cool:

32" bar would be about the limit for .404 skip-tooth chisel chain. But going to 3/8" the guys went up to a 36" bar. Can't really expect more than that with its cc.

Kevin

Very generous of you Robin. I made the guy an offer for the saw, low-ball considering the need for a new P+C, so I'll see what he says. If he bites, I will let you know.
Excellent, glad you low-balled. It's only fitting with the P&C scorched. Anxious to see if you get it and how bad the P&C really are.....remember my offer...lol.

Kevin

Hot dam*....bottom louver muffler too! Shoot us one pic of the full-wrap and the unobtainium AV on the clutch side. :cool:

32" bar would be about the limit for .404 skip-tooth chisel chain. But going to 3/8" the guys went up to a 36" bar. Can't really expect more than that with its cc.

Kevin
Funnt story on that muffler. I had a bunch of NOS parts come in and that louver was in with them. I had no idea what it fit and kinda forgot about it. The muffler that came on the saw was solid but banged up some. I happened to be looking on sawagain.com and he had that west coast bottom dump muffler missing the louver for like $19.00, brand new old stock. I put two and two together and grabed it!!! SCORE!!!

Kevin
Speaking of bars, my offer for the 919 was accepted, but only without the bar and chain. Naturally I looked up bars and learned that this saw has a unique bar stud pattern (Oregon D024) that makes bars little hard to get. Oregon only shows a 24" available, for example.

Speaking of bars, my offer for the 919 was accepted, but only without the bar and chain. Naturally I looked up bars and learned that this saw has a unique bar stud pattern (Oregon D024) that makes bars little hard to get. Oregon only shows a 24" available, for example.
Well it's not unique really. All true Jonsereds from the 621 up take the same pattern bar The difference is the only in the width of the stud slot due to the fact these saws have larger diameter studs than the Huskys. There are (rare and hard to find) replacement studs that fit the threads in the case but have the Husky diameter outer stud. (which is what I did on my 910). Or some folks file/grind the slot a tad wider. You see NOS Tilton (Tsmura) bars in the correct pattern on ebay quite regularily.....though they usually are spendy......

Congrats! Like Robin said, you can sometimes find the large mount Husky adapter studs that will fit their bars.

This isn't a very precise standard.....I've had large mount Husky bars that fit right on the Jonsereds studs in difference to what Niko used to preach.

Acres says the Husky large mount pattern is 9.5mm....Niko says that's wrong and is supposed to be 9mm. The old Jonsereds diamter is 10mm. I have mic-ed those but never checked on the Husky large mount per say. But as I said, sometimes the Husky large mount bars will fit right on albeit tight or require just a little filing.

I'd rather alter the bar than the saw....unless I could find those adapter studs or had a machinist in my pocket.

Kevin

I should have the saw in my hands next week at some point. In the meantime, do any of you gentlemen know if there is a dedicated service manual for the 910? @ray benson was helpful providing me with the IPL, clymer manual, and a JRed 830-930 service manual. He said he's never seen one specific to the 910.

Should've been clearer, he said he's never seen a dedicated 910 service manual.
AFAIK, no. I looked for over a decade. I have an original 910e IPL and there was an Owner's Manual that I have in hard copy as well.

Something like that would have been in one of those big binder books the dealers got. I have a book like that for Husky.

Kevin

I don't believe there is a dedicated service manual for the 910 either ...If I remember I was looking for one a few years ago and was told the same .

Ernie

AFAIK, no. I looked for over a decade. I have an original 910e IPL and there was an Owner's Manual that I have in hard copy as well.

Something like that would have been in one of those big binder books the dealers got. I have a book like that for Husky.

Kevin
@ray benson said the 830-930 service manual may be useful, since the 910 is "in the family".

Would you happen to have an electronic copy of that owners manual?

I could on this saw....and also, if you tire of it, I'll buy it at that price from you.

Look for problems on the trigger handle on this saw....specifically the AV's. If the bar gets stuck, this is one saw you can't reef on the trigger handle....you'll rip the AV's and they're hard/expensive to find. Same on the wrap handle.....make sure all the AV's are OK and none are torn/sloppy.

Recoil inside has a wear disc....if it's worn badly or missing, suspect trouble. The coil from the flywheel has 'soy' insulation and often the bare wires are touching or almost so. Coils are TOUGH to find....although most of them just need their wires reinsulated.

And of course the P&C for transfers. @$250, he probably won't let you take the muffler off, but you could tell a lot if he would.

Look for missing parts....don't be reassured that they're available. Nothing old Jonserd(s) is available except as used or NOS.

This is a popular larger cc collector's saw now and as such, used & NOS parts are disappearing or very expensive to buy.

That particular saw appears to be, I'm betting, low hrs. Certainly not some old clapped-out loggin' example. That doesn't mean it wasn't badly taken care of.....press for its provenance story.

Kevin
I'm curious about your comment regarding the wear disc. Why is this particularly indicative of trouble? And what kind of trouble?

The coil wires can be comply reinstated using the liquid insulation you've recommended to me before, correct?

Latest posts

Back