Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the nicest looking 920's I've seen for sale lately. To bad someone tried to weld the case....likely torched the case gasket......much as I hate to use it was probably a better chance to use JB Weld or similar. Still the price is quite reasonable.....be a great deal if you had a spare NOS or good used PTO case half kicking around!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958825031...oJKzjGTiiDJ4ku4oDkyNxQ7g==|tkp:Bk9SR-aBhumrYg

This is one of the nicest looking 920's I've seen for sale lately. To bad someone tried to weld the case....likely torched the case gasket......much as I hate to use it was probably a better chance to use JB Weld or similar. Still the price is quite reasonable.....be a great deal if you had a spare NOS or good used PTO case half kicking around!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958825031...oJKzjGTiiDJ4ku4oDkyNxQ7g==|tkp:Bk9SR-aBhumrYg
Listing says it leaks gas ...unless the gas is leaking into the oil tank that would just be bar oil leaking down the bottom near that repair.
It is a nice saw otherwise

Ernie

Listing says it leaks gas ...unless the gas is leaking into the oil tank that would just be bar oil leaking down the bottom near that repair.
It is a nice saw otherwise

Ernie
Yeah the most of the weld is forward of the crank centerline in the oil tank but if you look closely at the very end of the weld on the right side, there looks to be an un-welded square break right at the case gasket......aft of the crank center line....I expect that's where the gas leak is coming from....damn shame too....

Yeah the most of the weld is forward of the crank centerline in the oil tank but if you look closely at the very end of the weld on the right side, there looks to be an un-welded square break right at the case gasket......aft of the crank center line....I expect that's where the gas leak is coming from....damn shame too....
Yea I see it ...it's a shame for sure !

Ernie

Agreed.....welding that close to the seam ruined the case gasket most likely. Full-wrap, that's nice. Low hr saw which makes you wonder how the case got damaged on the bottom in the first place. Rough PO might have done other stuff as well like wallowing out bolt holes etc.

Does have case cancer, prolly sat directly on concrete.....the sum of all the good parts though would be worth more than the asking price....technically.

Hell, just noticed it's drivable from me.

Kevin

Agreed.....welding that close to the seam ruined the case gasket most likely. Full-wrap, that's nice. Low hr saw which makes you wonder how the case got damaged on the bottom in the first place. Rough PO might have done other stuff as well like wallowing out bolt holes etc.

Kevin
Overall the saw looks pretty unused/unabused. Looking at the weld pic it seems the case bottom is pushed up right there.......like from dropping it on a rock or something. Most likely broke the seal on the case gasket when that happened. But Boy it would make a great profect saw if you had the cash and the parts. Alas I have no 820/830/920/930 saws or parts. Do have a pile of 910 parts including NOS case halfs....not helpful....on this saw.

Overall the saw looks pretty unused/unabused. Looking at the weld pic it seems the case bottom is pushed up right there.......like from dropping it on a rock or something. Most likely broke the seal on the case gasket when that happened. But Boy it would make a great profect saw if you had the cash and the parts. Alas I have no 820/830/920/930 saws or parts. Do have a pile of 910 parts including NOS case halfs....not helpful....on this saw.
It definitely has some signs of mag rot on the front half of the two cases when you zoom in on the pic it looks like there may be more holes then that one .

Ernie

I'll stick with the 910.....don't have a hankering to get the 920/930/930 Super. I hate how Partner did the whole trigger handle assembly-bloated. The 930 Super is pretty much a Husky anyway.

Agreed this would be a great project saw if you had that case half kickin' around!

Kevin

The "ding" in the clutch drum, the broken case and the broken air box cover suggests something bad happened....perhaps at the same time......coulda had a tree dropped on it.....or pinched on the stump when the tree came down....hard to know,...but it seems like downward force caused everything we see. Weird stuff happens in the killing of trees sometimes!!!

Was 102F here yesterday. Not complaining, it is what it is. I was given a fancy swamp cooler by a customer and I put it in the shop.....otherwise, it's like an attic in there in the afternoons. I can even put ice in the top of the unit and water continuously runs over it for more cooling effect. Remote control!

I always have lots of old wood laying around from customer jobs and so I threw this rack together for the four saws I use the most. Still have headroom even with a hat on. Gets them up off the floor....that was getting old on a multi-use floor space.

Kevin

Attachments

• Chainsaw rack.jpg
    Chainsaw rack.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 0
Was 102F here yesterday. Not complaining, it is what it is. I was given a fancy swamp cooler by a customer and I put it in the shop.....otherwise, it's like an attic in there in the afternoons. I can even put ice in the top of the unit and water continuously runs over it for more cooling effect. Remote control!

I always have lots of old wood laying around from customer jobs and so I threw this rack together for the four saws I use the most. Still have headroom even with a hat on. Gets them up off the floor....that was getting old on a multi-use floor space.

Kevin
Nice!! You won’t get mag rot up there!!!

Nice!! You won’t get mag rot up there!!!

Funny/ironic thing about that. I'm from the Midwest and so a lot of the concrete mix back there has limestone in it......a rock base thing back there. Therefore, you will see steel and mag rot a lot on stuff stored on concrete. Don't know about the East, but assume much the same as you guys get mag rot/cancer too.

Here in the PNW our main rock formation is basalt and it winds up in the concrete mixes. I've had three detached garages in various houses since I've lived here. In all of those, the concrete floors would sweat in the winter. And absolutely no mag rot/cancer even with saws stored directly on them. I'm not a chemist, but something going on there........:reading:

One thing I hadn't considered is the big saws piddle a little bar oil and so now it drops down on the floor. They're gonna have to be empty before going overhead.

105F today, but who's counting?:crazy:

Kevin

Funny/ironic thing about that. I'm from the Midwest and so a lot of the concrete mix back there has limestone in it......a rock base thing back there. Therefore, you will see steel and mag rot a lot on stuff stored on concrete. Don't know about the East, but assume much the same as you guys get mag rot/cancer too.

Here in the PNW our main rock formation is basalt and it winds up in the concrete mixes. I've had three detached garages in various houses since I've lived here. In all of those, the concrete floors would sweat in the winter. And absolutely no mag rot/cancer even with saws stored directly on them. I'm not a chemist, but something going on there........:reading:

One thing I hadn't considered is the big saws piddle a little bar oil and so now it drops down on the floor. They're gonna have to be empty before going overhead.

105F today, but who's counting?:crazy:

Kevin

Our cement is limestone based here too. My shop has a cement slab floor but also has 2” of foam underneath and radiant heat in it. The shop is very very dry and the slab never sweats so I never have any problem there with mag rot. My last shop also had a cement floor with no insulation under….. it would sweat like crazy in the summer humidity. I didn’t own but a couple saws then and kept them off the floor along with everything else……was not an ideal shop….. but better than no shop!!!
Lol the first thing I thought when I saw your saw racks was oil dripping but figured You had a workaround for it!

Our cement is limestone based here too. My shop has a cement slab floor but also has 2” of foam underneath and radiant heat in it. The shop is very very dry and the slab never sweats so I never have any problem there with mag rot. My last shop also had a cement floor with no insulation under….. it would sweat like crazy in the summer humidity. I didn’t own but a couple saws then and kept them off the floor along with everything else……was not an ideal shop….. but better than no shop!!!
Lol the first thing I thought when I saw your saw racks was oil dripping but figured You had a workaround for it!
I was just going to make sure the oil tanks are empty.....but there would still be some dripping.

I was thinking of an adult diaper under ea saw, folded so they're not so obvious. Small town.....I'll have to go to the store at some odd hr to pick those up. Otherwise, it will be all over town in a day that I have Alzheimer's and lost bodily control.:p

Kevin

I was just going to make sure the oil tanks are empty.....but there would still be some dripping.

I was thinking of an adult diaper under ea saw, folded so they're not so obvious. Small town.....I'll have to go to the store at some odd hr to pick those up. Otherwise, it will be all over town in a day that I have Alzheimer's and lost bodily control.:p

Kevin
Try puppy pads !!!

Back