Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15x30x7mm is the seal size and try to find a 'double lip' style. I buy my hoses at a local Honda outdoor equipment place.

Seals are everywhere on the Net and in bearing houses if you have one. You'll dredge the world for AV mounts unless someone is hoarding them.

Kevin
Awesome, thanks for the size on that seal. Luckily the av mounts look and feel like new on the 920 and the rest of the saw is in really good shape too, so I'll just start with the maintenance you suggested above and go from there.

Awesome, thanks for the size on that seal. Luckily the av mounts look and feel like new on the 920 and the rest of the saw is in really good shape too, so I'll just start with the maintenance you suggested above and go from there.
The original seal was 6mm thick, but those are almost impossible to find. Make sure it's just driven flush with the case....no worries.

I haven't looked for a long time, but bookmark the eBay page for the 920. Go in there every couple of days....ya never know what will turn up. I did that for the 910.

Lil' Red Barn claims to have "quality" seals for the 920. Their stuff is usually OK. Make sure you grab the crank on the clutch side and force it to move laterally.....it shouldn't have any play. If a bearing is worn, it's usually on that side.

Kevin

Thanks guys. This owner is listening to all kinds of bad advice on that forum. I gave him a link to Lil' Red Barn for the seals he needs and yet he wallowing around listening to all kinds of BS about seals.

Never worked on a clamshell but looks like you take off the bottom part of the 'shell, lift the crank a bit, replace the seals and then use sealant to put the 'clamshell' back together again. At the rate he's going and the advice he's getting, he'll never make it that far.:rolleyes:

Kevin
I don't know how to post anything on this forum. I want to know about a jonsered 535 chainsaw someone gave me. Runs great but would love to know more about it. when it was made, thanks for all and any help

Attachments

• 20230817_163007.jpg
    20230817_163007.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
I don't know how to post anything on this forum. I want to know about a jonsered 535 chainsaw someone gave me. Runs great but would love to know more about it. when it was made, thanks for all and any help
This was an Electrolux Group AB saw.... a series not very well thought of by many here. Hopefully, someone who has and runs one will respond. Made from 1986-1993. 49cc.....unremarkable Jonsered overall. That doesn't mean it won't start and run 'well'.

Kevin

It's been a few yrs.since I posted here.I think the last time was about either a 910E,or a 49SP.Anyway,I just picked up a Pioneer P10,which is the same saw as the J'red 361 (I have several of the 361s including the original one I bought in 1982.The last I knew that 361 had 135 psi & ran very well in 2015.
The reason for this post is to find out if anyone has used Caber rings in any J'red saws & how well they hold up?
In addition to the 361s & P10,I also have a Danarm 1-36,Jobu SL2,Partner 330,& working on getting a Skil 1614.The only one that seems to elude me is the Husky 35.

So what's the history behind these parts boxes?
I can't find any info on them
The gentleman I got this box from was a dealer back in the day and he said he had quit a few of these .. unfortunately for me all the rest are gone long ago .

Ernie

The gentleman I got this box from was a dealer back in the day and he said he had quit a few of these .. unfortunately for me all the rest are gone long ago .

Ernie
I can't answer all your questions but what I can tell you is most of the parts in those 2 boxes are Poulan parts. Most of the parts are for the small top handle Poulans like the model 25.

One of the boxes has a Lil Jon sticker on it and we all know that the Jonsereds sold Lil Jon was a Poulan saw painted red.

Perhaps Jonsereds put some parts boxes together full of Lil Jon parts for the dealers to have on hand?

Ernie
They were available to Jonsereds dealers at one point in time. I don't know if you had to ask for them specifically, or if you just qualified to get them.

Robin has a lot of them....of course! They were traditionally jammed with Jonsereds parts....some stuff you'd never see broken or need replacing and common repair stuff as well....that's what makes the boxes so collectable. And since many models 'shared' parts, the boxes could fix a lot of saws. I don't know if they were sold by cc size or how that was done.

That's the first one I've seen with the Lil' Jon/Poulan connection.

Kevin

Came across this gem today packed with parts .
My first parts box
Ernie
Nice Ernie!!! And packed with parts too!!!
I have seven of those…..I think they all came with some parts except one which was empty. Very nice for small parts. I picked them up here and there, not all together. They also came in red though all mine are gray like yours

Nice Ernie!!! And packed with parts too!!!
I have seven of those…..I think they all came with some parts except one which was empty. Very nice for small parts. I picked them up here and there, not all together. They also came in red though all mine are gray like yours
Are your seven all the Lil John boxes or are they an assortment of others ?
I'd love to see a red one

Ernie

Are your seven all the Lil John boxes or are they an assortment of others ?
I'd love to see a red one

Ernie
No specific little John boxes just lots of the Jred stuff for the saws I have or work on for others. I have very nice Lil’ John saw but don’t have a lot of parts for them. Most of my parts are for the 49 through 111 Jonsereds. With a fair stash of 910 parts and the later 6XX series saws parts.
Can’t anywhere near fit all the parts in those boxes…. They don’t take big stuff like case halves, recoil or clutch covers, P&C kits etc. Great for bearings, rings and the multitude of small parts for these saws

So working on my 670 and did a pressure/vac and I have a bad leak between the support and rubber boot .
Doing some research I find a new bracket that has two mounting points to the case instead of one like mine ....I'm not sure if the PO hacked mine or what because I did see another single mount bracket.
But after takin mine off I found the flange in the back is broken.
I'd assume a better replacement would be the two mounting point instead of the one ...is this correct?
KIMG0516.JPG
Thanks
Ernie

So working on my 670 and did a pressure/vac and I have a bad leak between the support and rubber boot .
Doing some research I find a new bracket that has two mounting points to the case instead of one like mine ....I'm not sure if the PO hacked mine or what because I did see another single mount bracket.
But after takin mine off I found the flange in the back is broken.
I'd assume a better replacement would be the two mounting point instead of the one ...is this correct?
View attachment 1108255
Thanks
Ernie
Yes, two mounting points would be better than one. I would only add to watch the aftermarket stuff for quality and fitment.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back