Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark
Is it a metal to rubber mount that has the metal torn off?
If so I have used the urethane glue that is used to install car windshields to glue them back together. So far one on my limbing saw is holding

Yeah, chainsawr or sawagain were always my two favorites.....but there are a lot of new players in the game. Some dubious and some cheaters.....

Scott was trying to sell chainsawr thanks to all the people calling in and tire kicking while buying elsewhere. I don't even know if he still owns it?

Kevin

I was thinking about Jonsereds parts and remembered a couple of boxes in the attic that were leftovers from other projects. No good AV mounts in there, but I did see a couple of packages that came from George Blake a few years ago. If you never had the pleasure of dealing with George, he was a true gentleman.

Mark

@Cantdog and @Real1shepherd or anyone else that has a 910 or has any input. The sprocket on mine is quite worn and I'm looking to replace. It currently has a 3/8“ 7T, from what I've seen stock Jonsered paired these with an 8T. From what I understand, more teeth faster chain speed/less torque, less teeth more torque/slower chain speed. If you were me would you just replace the 7T or switch to an 8T with this saw, or does it not matter that much for a homeowner?

Yeah, chainsawr or sawagain were always my two favorites.....but there are a lot of new players in the game. Some dubious and some cheaters.....

Scott was trying to sell chainsawr thanks to all the people calling in and tire kicking while buying elsewhere. I don't even know if he still owns it?

Kevin
I have purchased a boatload of parts from chainsawr the last two years, I hope my little contribution helped him out.

@Cantdog and @Real1shepherd or anyone else that has a 910 or has any input. The sprocket on mine is quite worn and I'm looking to replace. It currently has a 3/8“ 7T, from what I've seen stock Jonsered paired these with an 8T. From what I understand, more teeth faster chain speed/less torque, less teeth more torque/slower chain speed. If you were me would you just replace the 7T or switch to an 8T with this saw, or does it not matter that much for a homeowner?
It would depend on how long a bar you intend on running and if you intended on cutting with the entire length of the bar mostly. In other words if you were running more than a 24" bar I'd likely go with the 7 pin but if you were to run an 18" or 20" I'd go with the 8 pin.
It probably wouldn't matter that much for homeowner use......

I have purchased a boatload of parts from chainsawr the last two years, I hope my little contribution helped him out.
His business model was to send people out to hunt for parts if customers asked for something not listed on his site. And if people were tire-kicking, they often wouldn't buy. Since he has to pay his people to look for parts, it was really making him angry. So either he's changed his business model, or he's still angry about the tire-kickers.

Yrs ago I was starting to get parts from him that were in really bad shape...like rubber parts. For example, I bought a recoil handle from him that was turning into goo as I handled it. That should have never been sent to anyone. He did refund my money, but he didn't have another. Frustrating for me because of the wait and then no functional handle. It can take a week or more to get stuff here from the other side of the country. And if it becomes a gamble on condition, I'll pass.

Kevin

Because of the insane cost of the tree service people, I'm going to rent a man lift myself and try to trim my sprawling 100yr old Maple. I could sure use a Toploader like one of these. I have a fear of heights(the reason I was never interested in high-topping) so I don't want to take up one of my usual saws. I do have one of those little electric 'things'....gonna have to work I guess.

Kevin

Your has a much nicer looking muffler, appears to be cast aluminum, mine is just stamped steel.

View attachment 1171159

Cleaned up O.K. but the coil is bad so I won't get to hear this one run for a while, at least until I can find a donor saw.

View attachment 1171160

View attachment 1171161

View attachment 1171162

View attachment 1171164

Mark
Mark, not to challenge your skills, but how did you test the coil? Coils are rarely the culprits, but they can be.;)

Kevin

I'm guessing this is just a type of protector for the bottom of the fuel tank/saw ..is this correct or does it have another purpose?
Ernie
View attachment 1151258
Hey Ernie, I may be wrong but I'm thinking that's a 371k tank. That looks like the vibration dampner for when the cut off saw is sitting on the ground. The thing that throws me for a loop is that you said uve seen them on a 2171. Did jred make a cut off saw too? Check out chainsaw collectors for sale ad recently posted. He has 2 husky tanks for sale. One has that vibration dampner on it and u can see the concrete soup all over it. Hope this helps

Back