Jonsered saws found in BOX STORES!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
They did not have any 2153's. I suppose I could have asked one of the blue vested people if they were available.....

How bout a 2171 for $589 with a 20"? lol

bcorradi

bcorradi

Arboristsite.com Sponsor
They did not have any 2153's. I suppose I could have asked one of the blue vested people if they were available.....

How bout a 2171 for $589 with a 20"? lol
I have talked to a couple of buddies who are jonsered dealers and their distributors don't know anything about the 2153's yet. I know the blue vested people won't know anything about them.

Festus Haggen

Festus Haggen

ArboristSite Operative
Why is it such a secret? I completely fail to see the need to PM the name of the store, the store in question is open to the general public, yes? If they are going to get in trouble, so be it, but why the mystery?

jra1100

jra1100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Festus +1

I agree with Festus, what the hell is this? A national security issue or something? Why not just tell us what the name and location of the store is and what some of the prices are. Sorry, I just don't get it, with all the PM stuff. I thought that the point of this site was information. If I'm missing something please tell me what. JR

Woodie

Woodie

"Cap'n Bullcrap'n"
what is normal price for a 2171? Not MSRP, but normal price?

I betcha this one is LOW!

hehehehehehe

You guys haven't figured it out yet? I think Freak has given plenty of hints...

Edit: Or maybe not...I just checked online, and there is only one Lowes in northern Minneso'a...so I'm with the rest of 'em...spill the beans, Freak!!!

Last edited:
Woodie

Woodie

"Cap'n Bullcrap'n"
Anyone seen Woodie?:hmm3grin2orange:

Woodie here...pipe down over there ya heathen.

I have to admit I'm shocked. Tilton is the Jred distributor for Minneso'a, and I cannot imagine Tilton allowed them to carry the line.

However, there are two other distributors who supply the left coast, and my guess is that "Retailer_X" is getting them from one or both of them, then poaching on Tilton's territory. There's probably not much Tilton can do about it, but I can't imagine Tilton will continue carrying the line if they are getting into the box stores.

Oh Spike...WHERE ARE YOU????

Last edited:
huskydave

huskydave

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have noticed that when you purchase power eqiupment from a bigbox store they send it out to a reputable repair shop for servicing and if you only have a bigbox store around to buy a decent saw then I think it may not be a that big of a deal. I bought a poulan blower from Canadian Tire on sale for $50.00 with a 2 year waranty. It blew up after a year of hard use. Canadian tire paid to send it to my husqvarna dealer for a complete rebuild over $300.00 repair bill. He could not believe Canadian Tire paid to fix it rather than giving me my money back. I think in some cases the Return policy at the big box store may benifit the customer. I would chose a dealer first but would buy a solid Stihl or Husqvarna saw anywhere it was sold.

HUSKYMAN

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
to make it fair, I have not PM'd anyone. They are in minnesota only, so I am told

Well if they are in MN only they are not a major box store and will hardly make much of an impact in overall Johnsy sales. Probably like was stated before, a rogue retailer that is in violation of Jonsered policies