jonsereds 49sp help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
49sp

I got a carb kit and rebuild it like you suggested... started first pull.:clap: Runs like a champ now. And sorry finnyct90, I wouldn't sell the saw for (almost) anything now

EXXcellent!! You will come to really like that litte guy. I have 5 of the 49s now, bought the first one new 1977. They're not the biggest or baddest but a real pleasure to use for firewood and around the house. Quiet too!!! Did you get your chain oiler straightened out?

Good news!!

I got a carb kit and rebuild it like you suggested... started first pull.:clap: Runs like a champ now. And sorry finnyct90, I wouldn't sell the saw for (almost) anything now

Shoot...oh well, I need another like I need a hole in the head. Oh BTW Ford engine red is a very close match if you want to touch up the clutch cover.
I am really glad you got it running. I bought my first 49sp brand new in 1981 and still use it...matter of fact I had the old girl gnawing away in some nice red oak today. I have a couple more in need of rebuilds. I recently bought a new Shindiawa 488 and except for being heaver, the 49sp will run head to head with the new saw, and the old saw has cut at least 100 cord of wood.
I think that the 49sp should be in the chainsaw hall of fame as the greatest firewood saw of all time.
There are lots of good saws, but I have a fondness for the 49sp.

49sp

Shoot...oh well, I need another like I need a hole in the head. Oh BTW Ford engine red is a very close match if you want to touch up the clutch cover.
I am really glad you got it running. I bought my first 49sp brand new in 1981 and still use it...matter of fact I had the old girl gnawing away in some nice red oak today. I have a couple more in need of rebuilds. I recently bought a new Shindiawa 488 and except for being heaver, the 49sp will run head to head with the new saw, and the old saw has cut at least 100 cord of wood.
I think that the 49sp should be in the chainsaw hall of fame as the greatest firewood saw of all time.
There are lots of good saws, but I have a fondness for the 49sp.

:agree2::agree2::agree2::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Latest posts

Back