Jonsereds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on whether a 2095 Jonsered would be a good or bad choice for performance modification. Would it show good against Husky's and Stihls of about the same cc?

I'm thinking about having one of these guys mentioned on this forum work over something for me. I sell Jonsered and Olympyc so I would want to use one or the other.

I'm thinking about local county fair level contest or exibition. I havn't seen anything else too impressive out here locally. I believe there are 63cc and under, 73, 83, 93 and 103cc and above divisions.

Hey there, the 2095 is a great saw..I have built a couple for a few local around here..it actually came out stock with a flywheel key that preadvanced the timing...with a bit of work it turns out real nice....

So Dennis, how does a 395XP compare to a 2095. Does it also have the timing pre-advanced? Russ

The 395 has a built in keyway in the flywheel. the reasoning is it is cheaper to manufacture it this way.
If your looking for modifications for competition then Dennis is your man but if your a dealer and you want to offer modified saws to your clients we can give you dealer pricing on our mods.
We have 4 dealers in our province in which we do their saws for them and they sell them on the shelfs to their customers. Have been doing this for several years now and works well. If your interested you can send us a bunch of cylinders and mufflers and we can do cylinders and mufflers up here for you and then send them down to you and have you put them together with some hints from us.

Thanks John W

Russ, I havent been inside the new 395 as of yet, but I would be willing to bet they are very comparable to each other as the 394 is very alike the 2095, with only a few subtle differences. If I remember correctly, the so called "Z" key became available as a spare part for the 394 in the mid 90's? I would have to check service bulletins to get the exact date...

395 transfer loops

Hello husky 2100 and russ,
the 395 transfers are quad transfers but they dont extend down into the case like the 372 and 385 transfers. about 1/2 inch above the bottom of the barrel they turn 90 degrees and dont go down into the lower part of the case. husky used the existing 394 case also so you dont get as much power increase as the 372 or 385. we've built a couple for the 6 cube class but you have to drop the transfers down and work on the case also. a lot more work. a modifed 385 will outrun a modified 395 if you dont do the extra work to the transfers

ken kdhotsaw

Dennis
Can you please find me the part number for the Z key.I went to my local Husky dealer to order the key.After he stopped laughing at me,he looked for the part number and found nothing.He called husky while I was there and they wondered how hard I bumped my head.Is it possible that they where only available outside the US?
Thanks
Dan

Dan, that is entirely possible that the "z" key was another secret harbored by our Canadian government to make sure that the Canadian saws were always a step above.

The part number is 503-62-44-01...if you cant get it form your husky dealer..check a Jonsered dealer...and if that doesnt work..email me..I have 6 in front of me right now...

good luck
Dennis

Dennis
Thanks for the numbers.I will keep you posted on what I find out.I cant wait to give my Husky dealer the part numbers,just to see the look on his face.
I dont have any Jonsered dealers that are close by me.I did have one until he went out of business a few months ago.I bought all his parts and saws.I did the same thing with a local Stihl dealer last year.
I have all the paper work here and I am approve to be a Jonsered dealer if I want it.But they make you buy all of there crap to get the good.They also will not guarantee me that they wont push there mowers on me in the future and I dont want them.I can also get Dolmar if I want them,but I dont think that I can sell them here.There saws will cost me more then I can sell the Jonsereds for.
Later
Dan

Dan, I have been lucky with that aspect in my neck of the woods, I have not been forced to take any lawn and garden with either Husky or Jonsered....we actually had to fight to get Jonsered (AYP) mowers here...some of my customer just like the pretty colors...dont laugh..I sold two Shindaiwa sp. ed. trimmers cause they were blue, and an extra 50 bucks each...
Let me know if you want a key or two....like I said..they are literally sitting in front of me...want a pic?lol..no wait..no new computer yet...

-If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Latest posts

Back