Jotule F 400 gaskets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deer slayer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last night loaded stove before hitting the rack it got going pretty good, temp was high and sounded like a freight train roaring. I installed a butterfly valve in the stove pipe on mine to have better control (doesn't seem to me the air controller on stove has much effect on it unless completely shut) So shut the butterfly just about all the way off to bed. I let it burn out through the night. Wake up this morning and found out the gasket on the class literally fell out was sucking air :jawdrop: Just curious if any body has had same experience?? Had me worried all night about a chimney fire with the way it was sounding...Easy fix and back burning again..

I have a 600 and have had the same problem. I've fixed it. I think if it happens again I'm getting new gasket and furnace cementing it into place.

I noticed there was no cement there. Dont know why they wouldnt, removed door and replaced mine without it this time.. see what happens!!!

Latest posts

Back