JUNK Global Hydronics Boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberjac09

Reaction score
Anyone out there starting a lawsuit againt Global Hydroncs?I need to jump on with you.I was a sucker to buying one It lasted one winter and sprung several leaks in the firebox.Contacted global and they pretty much said I was S.O.L...and swept me under the rug.Please Help its already starting to get cold here.:(

Lj 09,

What model do you have,and what year is it? We have a GH1000 made in 06 and have not had any problems yet,but I see that many have.Where are the leaks in the fire box,the firebox steel or the welds.What do they say about the warranty?

RW

Global Junk

Lj 09,

What model do you have,and what year is it? We have a GH1000 made in 06 and have not had any problems yet,but I see that many have.Where are the leaks in the fire box,the firebox steel or the welds.What do they say about the warranty?

RW

It was the GH 2000 an 07 Brand New bought from Tim Toomey,I used it in the winter of 08 for the first time,Fired it up in 09 and about 2 weeks Later noticed my water level started getting low,I was adding water ever week.Inspecting inside fire box I found several holes some as big as a pencil,lost count at over a dozen leaks all over the place.Pretty much rotted from the water side in(and yes I used all the proper chemicals as stated in the manual).I had a professional welder look at it and he said It had the cheapest and thinest grade stainless steel he had ever seen in a burner.Way to much rot to repair and that it needed a new fire box.Global told me after giving them my serial #'s That I was not the original owner,which I was and burner was also New and not a refurb I was sure to check that before purchase.Tim has sold tons of these burners for global as a dealer for them but is no longer doing it because global is not standing behind the their products.From what I have been reading I am not the only one.They seem to be telling alot of folks the same crap.Long storie short DONT by one!Looking to get on a lawsuit with others.And for the record Hawkens boilers are Globals with Hawkens name on them.BEWARE

Latest posts

Back