junkyard echo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ61

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Pick up an echo cs300 from the scrap yard tonight.Pretty good shape.They said it was locked up,aparently it had been very wet.The chain was froze to the bar and the clutch was stuck.Removed bar and chain,dribbled in a little gas ,started second pull!Currently have the carb soaking in vineagar in wifes ultra sonic jewelry cleaner.She's a good one!What I need to know is there a trick to get the limit cap off the carb screw?Oh,only gave $5.00 for the saw.
Russ

stihl has a left hand threaded tool, cost about $8. threads into the middle hole and pushes the cap off. are your caps linke that? as far as I can see, the lh thread is just to keep from accientallyturning it in against the seat and damaging the seat. If you could hold with needle nose, a self tap screw or a fine tap works.

I believe the place where that one was found was the right place for it, or any Echo - Sorry......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I agree! Good find.... on both, the chainsaw and the woman that would kindly let you use her ultrasonic jewlery cleaner to clean out the carb. Keep them both!

We had a couple of 300's, they are OK for casual use. They are an old design, and use a reed valve engine, SLOW and not much power. Don't judge all the Echo's by that particular saw. We sold both of ours on E-Bay and moved up to a CS-360T instead. It was sort of a TURD right out of the box. A muffler modification and carb tuning really woke it up.

Not a whole lot you can do for the 300's/301's, you will find carb adjustments woln't really help it all that much, they just woln't rev no matter what you do. That design is basically a low speed "grunt" saw, and they really don't have all that much of that.....Cliff

Back