Just bought a 361!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nagillim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Been watching the sight for quite a while now. First post. I started out with a Husqvarna 51 HAd to convert it to a 55 with a muffler mod after following the site.:greenchainsaw: Then I bought a 5100. It was running lean due to EPA restrictions, cut off the limiters, finally had a golden brown plug, (Ran it this way for 7 months) but last week it developed a air leak at the intake. The dealer wouldn't warrenty it.(because i messed with the carb) I was fairly pissed to say the least. Sold it for parts. But now I'm the happy owner of a 361!. Way better than the Dolmar. I know it's heavier, but it cuts very nice! Besides it will pull a 24" bar with no problem!! Anyway just makin' the first post and hope to make many more.
Thanks for listening,
Chris:cheers:

congrats on the 60cc saw. youl enjoy it for many years to come

I do enjoy it quite a bit. I enjoyed the 5100 but, I really enjoy the 361. It really seems to sing through the midsize oak. 18"-26". I bought it on Monday and have already ran 4 tanks of gas through it. I just cut to heat my home and general maintenence in the timber. Tommorrow I plan on dropping a couple of dead standing 28" oaks. Can't wait!!! HAve tommorrow off regular work is slow. Oh well. The Klotz smells good out of the saw, and beer tastes good.

You're correct a beer does taste mighty good AFTER a cut session. I weighed the saw today and compared it to my 51 and was suprised that they weighed the same 17lbs. (full of fuel and oil both had 18" bars). Is this true or is my scale a liar?

Saww as 609.99. I know probably too much but my dealer is only 1 mile from my house. Unlike the Dolmar dealer.

A bar, chain and full tanks makes a significant weight difference. I've never weighed mine all dolled up but I can believe it would be close to that. The beauty of that saw is how well balanced it is, plus the silky smooth anti-vibe. These all make the saw VERY nimble. The weight may be there, but you don't feel it. Incidently, you can very comfortably run a 20" with full comp chain.

i think ive seen 16.5 posted for the 361 tanks full with 20" bar mounted. so 17 is about right

361 359 357 are all very good handleing 60cc saws light and have good power specialy while wearing 20" bars. you might have bought the best of the 3 to so that should make you feel good.

How many tanks does it take to break her in? It seems that after every tank I have to re-adjust the idle so the chain doesn't spin. I also check the plug for color. Kinda got spooked after the Dolmar. Any problems with them runnning too lean from the factory?

Also curious about bar oil. After I changed to my standard bar oil (mystik) I noticed that the bar quit smoking after I pulled out of the cut. Is this normal? I also turned up the oil flow to the bar immediately after noticing this but it continued with the stihl bar oil.

Nagillim, you now belong to the AS hierarchy with one of those. :chainsaw:

LMAO, I also bought a 361 the other day. :jawdrop: great saw. I was able to bargain a little at my local shop. I got mine for 580 +tax and a 2nd 20" chain.

It is one badda** saw thats for sure. Im not sure if it knows its even cutting through wood!

How many tanks does it take to break her in? It seems that after every tank I have to re-adjust the idle so the chain doesn't spin. I also check the plug for color. Kinda got spooked after the Dolmar. Any problems with them runnning too lean from the factory?

It took mine about 15 tanks of fuel to "break in." I never noticed any lean condition, just had to adjust my idle down a couple times. You will be very happy with this saw once it's broken in.

Back