Just Built This Ii

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this pic it looked like the saw was attached to that trailer. Tractor trailer power!

attachment.php

Hey great job how do you like it?? How fast/square are the cuts? Looks like it would make some nice beams pretty quick. Thanks for the pics!!:clap:

So when are ya gonna start sellin' 'em?

Is there much deflection in the bar? Are the slabs parallel?

Got some snow in Tyrone, do ya? We only have a couple of inches around Harrisburg, and just got that last night.

Nice work! How do you like the results? Does the ladder have to me modified? I can't quite tell how it mounts from the picture.

Dalton

This is the only log I sawed so far.Its a two year old knotty/frozen pine thats been laying by the shop. Couldnt wait to try it. From the time I got the log dogged down it took 30 min. to get to the 6x9x10' beam. I did cut a 1" board and a 1/2" in the process to see how she held. It holds pretty flat and true, no taper. If you look at the end of beam pic you can see the last cut was a little out of square. As I was sawing the whole rig settled into the snow a bit.Still not to bad. I used an old ladder I had and made brackets to bolt garage door tracts on it.Used the door rollers for wheels on the carriage.Very cheap and easy to replace. Actually pretty stiff.Can't wait to do a fresh cut pine.

Nice set up. Interesting design. Looks like it should work just fine. Thanks for posting. :cheers:

This site just amazes me with all the do it yourself engineering. :clap:

This is the only log I sawed so far.Its a two year old knotty/frozen pine thats been laying by the shop. Couldnt wait to try it. From the time I got the log dogged down it took 30 min. to get to the 6x9x10' beam. I did cut a 1" board and a 1/2" in the process to see how she held. It holds pretty flat and true, no taper. If you look at the end of beam pic you can see the last cut was a little out of square. As I was sawing the whole rig settled into the snow a bit.Still not to bad. I used an old ladder I had and made brackets to bolt garage door tracts on it.Used the door rollers for wheels on the carriage.Very cheap and easy to replace. Actually pretty stiff.Can't wait to do a fresh cut pine.

Good job and a lot simpler than some you see. Too bad I would have to buy the ladder . . . :mad:

Latest posts

Back