Just got handed a free johnsered 535....it doesn't run....any info really appreciated!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khntr85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finished rebuilding my first saw it was a ms362... Went surprisingly smooth, considering the help I got from a couple awesome guys I met on this site!!!!!

Any way my 89 f250 with a 351M is broke down and I had an ol guy I know that works on mowers and what not come by to see if he could help me...well no luck on my damn wood truck, but he had a johnsered 535 power head in the back of his truck... He seen me look at it, and knows I like to mess with saws, so he said put it in your garage.... Well I asked him about it and he said it was his father in laws saw, and he did look at piston and he said it was scored, and he couldn't get it started..... I had to come inside so I haven't had time to do anything with it at all....

My questions are, is it worth fixing.... Can I find parts for it, and if so will I be able to find parts easily....can I even find a piston and cylinder if they are both trashed????

I know nothing about johnsereds guys so any info at all is much appreciated.... Thanks a lot Kyle!!!!

I have an IPL for a JRed 535, not sure if that help but let me know if you want it...

Absolutely that is a solid start.... Thanks a lot rageej....do you have a 535 by chance?????

I don't have a 535. Actually I cleaned everything out a few years back and only have a 346 left :(

But I have an IPL in PDF format! LOL.

Attachments

• Jonsered 535.pdf
    332.1 KB · Views: 19
Hey thanks a lot.... Did you ever own a 535... Sorry to drill you with questions LOL, just tryin to see what I am into with this saw....thanks a lot Kyle!!!

Oh I see, my reply was a bit misleading, sorry about that. No I have never owned a 535. Perhaps Sawtroll could help.

Oh hey no problem thanks for the manual... Well calling saw troll maybe he can come to school me on the johnsered... I sure need it as I just have no experience with them at all....

The jreds have quite a following and many swap parts with huskies. Beyond that I have never even seen a 535 in real life. ooohhh, there's an idea... how about some pics!

295 tramp, that's good to hear... I did like how the saw felt in my hands... So you like the saw huh, have you owned her for long.... Do you have any idea where a guy could find a clutch cover and maybe a piston...like I said I haven't looked at the saw much yet, was outside for a long time and me lasy wanted me inside asap... So will have to wait til tomorro LOL... But ya

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Well we're are my manners lol, I hate threads without pics too, thanks for reminding me.... Well I couldn't resist to go look at the saw and take some pics....well I popped muffler off and damn the piston is destroyed.... May not be able to fix this if I can't even find a piston... May be able to clean cylinder up.... Anyway here are some pics, we see what happens....

Hey 295 tramp, you are very I depth in your replies and I appreciate and respect that....I do have the top cover i took it off when checking the saw out....I have my ol buddy lookin to see if he can find clutch cover....I should say I did some indepth research last night and I did find a piston kit also.... 295 tramp this saw does take the 45mm piston, doesn't it?!?!

Once agian thank you for your help, I would like to put maybe a 16 B&C on this ol girl if I can get her running with out putting to much $$$ in her.....

Oh and 295 tramp I was lookin up the specs on This saw and as you said I think this would be an awesome limbing saw as it weighs just .5 of a pound more than my ms250... And on paper anyway the 535 is supposed to be a little stronger....
Well today and tomorro are my days off and I will be watching my little 10 month old girl, so maybe when me lady gets off work I will pull the cylinder...

Oh and guys you will get a kick out of this piston, the ring is plumb gone, piston looks like hell.... I just hope I can clean cylinder up....I will get a pic when I can get away for awhile....

Back