Just out of curiosity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your answers are going to be all over the board on this one. Someone down south isn't going to burn like we do up here in cold country. If it is -20 here, I will burn more than if it is +20. Even those out east are farther south on the hemisphere than we are here so they will probably burn different or less than we do here as well.

But to answer your question, I have a Jensen, holds a full wheelbarrow of wood, and will burn from 9 at night load time til 7 a.m. refill time, although I could probably go till 10a.m. and still have good coals. Just never do. All red oak, all the time. I don't have "shoulder wood", as none of the trees I cut seem to have shoulders.

Ted

Portage and Main Opt. 250 OWB a full box of pine (firebox is 32 cubic feet but in reality you only get about 20cf in) will get me 24 hours plus depending on weather. If I am burning oak, half that amount.

Your answers are going to be all over the board on this one. Someone down south isn't going to burn like we do up here in cold country. If it is -20 here, I will burn more than if it is +20. Even those out east are farther south on the hemisphere than we are here so they will probably burn different or less than we do here as well.

But to answer your question, I have a Jensen, holds a full wheelbarrow of wood, and will burn from 9 at night load time til 7 a.m. refill time, although I could probably go till 10a.m. and still have good coals. Just never do. All red oak, all the time. I don't have "shoulder wood", as none of the trees I cut seem to have shoulders.

Ted

i know its just one of those post to gather geneal info. kinda like whats your favorite saw. i just thought it would be interesting

I have a Natures Comfort NC250, I can get 12 hours burn time, I am using seasoned oak and red elm.

Heating an old 2 story farm house that is insulated well and hot water too.

Should just add this to the post pics of your heating equip thread.

Heatmor 200 OWB. 8 years old or so. New to me and 6 weeks of burning. I put a little in twice a day as I feel it is more efficient that filling it just once and full full. Some Ash, Elm that is still green just trying to clean it up, Boxelder, Cottonwood, any uglies that we don't want to sell, Pine, Oak that was down a while and a little punky on the outside.

1000 sq ft ranch. Decent insulation, heat DHW with the OWB.

NO propane!!!

It hasn't been very cold yet and I could probably get away with once a day loading all winter with my little place if I wanted to.

13 year old daughter does use her share of hot water though.

Jeff

Back