Just picked up a brush chipper, Anyone have a clue as to its make and model?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eswaney

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have a picture of the whole unit, All I managed to get was the tag on the cover of the drum. It has a 6 cyl, ford engine, turning a 10-12" 4 blade drum chipper, no feeding. More pics to come, but here is the tag.
Any Ideas? I want to get new blades of course and know how to get them set properly.

~E
4469341472_852133d773_o.jpg

It looks loke a wayne. they had the round chutes.

I've got a Wayne and it looks nothing like that. Mine has a big WAYNE stamped in the cowling right over the grill on the road side. The chute is round, but it is round from about 8 inches from the drum. I think that all the ones that I have seen also sport a Chrysler 318. I have seen an Asplund chipper with a similar draw bar.

I thought so as well. (ASPLUNDTH) Anyways, I got it stripped down now, Chutes off, making new ones, blades out, Anyone know how to set new blades in these? Better yet, anyone in southwestern Pa, and wants to share a little shop time?

WOW..............you have some work ahead of you there! as far as setting the blades & cutting bar...you should check with the mfg specs on clearances, as these are different on each brand of machine!

only advice I can give you is: wear hearing protection & then some, stand back n throw for all your worth while ducking & running to the side away from traffic!..........that thing will beat you down!

good luck!

LXT................

I had a similar machine many years ago Australian made though I set the blades at 35/1000" and built the anvil up with tool steel electrodes. No I built up my Bandit but tool steel makes the anvils last at least 10x longer they are a bit harder to square off but worth the effort.
There are many trees (wattles here) that you can't put though a chipper like that with out drawing blood. If you are interested to know what it's like to be flogged put a weepping willow through, have fun.

The good old Asplundh chuck and duck, i ran one for a couple of years ending about five years ago. my ears are still ringing from it! Awesome machine if you can't afford the self feeders, just watch your nuts on the long skinny branches they whip HARD

old chipper manuals

From restore of 1973 Asplundh v8 have manuals from mid 1970's JEX,JEY models that cover chipper, blades, chassis, parts list, schematics, but not the engines. PM me if interested and will work something out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back