Just Pic's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Mill White Oak today
attachment.php

Used Mini Mill to half logs
attachment.php

Logs split
attachment.php

Q. sawed most
attachment.php

Edging with 026
attachment.php

Last edited:
Great job Gary!! That sure is a sweet looking trailer load of Oak! I cant say enough about the Mini-Mill, its one of the handiest tools that ive bought in a long time.

Great job Gary!! That sure is a sweet looking trailer load of Oak! I cant say enough about the Mini-Mill, its one of the handiest tools that ive bought in a long time.

Their is some very nice, big rays in this wood. After I got going
kind of forgot about pictures, until I was done, then I was to tired
to mess with pulling them out.

I don't use MM that much........but it is very handy when needed.

Thanks,
Gary

damn that's some good looking oak...
nice and pretty

the only stuff i get to cut is the dead and dying

i'd love to get some to make my folks a picnic table with

Great job Gary, some nice pics of the M7 and mini-mill for folks to see. Nice lookin' trailer load of oak showing results. You said some nice rays in that oak, did you try and quarter any to get some of the quartersawn figure? I know it often takes some extra time and fussing to do that, and sometimes I just want to get the job done and don't go that extra mile. Thanks for taking the time to take and post those pics.

Great pics of great wood. Yes to the quatersawing being a pain in the :deadhorse: .

More pics....more pics....:yourock: :yourock:

Kevin

Nice lumber

How long did it take you to mill the logs? What chain are you using? Is the big saw a 066.

I am trying to compare what you have to what I have. I have always thought I took along time cutting boards but I never had anyone to compare to until I came to this site.
Thanks
Chris

Nice lumber

How long did it take you to mill the logs? Not sure, had to go help my Dad in the middle of milling. I have timed cuts before, but not this time.

What chain are you using? 20" bar and shorter, Stihl 63pmx ripping chain and Picco PM .050, I bought an Picco sprocket from Logosol to run on 066/660

Is the big saw a 066? Yes, I bought an Picco sprocket from Logosol

I am trying to compare what you have to what I have. I have always thought I took along time cutting boards but I never had anyone to compare to until I came to this site.
Thanks
Chris

I do like the Picco chain. Kerf is .250...........Reg. .375 chain
has about .375 kerf

Gary

Love that M7 Gary,

Really can do some very useable lumber right off the mill without having too resaw. Cool :cheers:

Just for you Woodshop :D and yes quartersawn is
more trouble!
attachment.php

WOW look at those rays jump out... beautiful Qsawn stuff. I'm sure you're glad you took the time to do that, great job. Just imagine how great boards like these will look after they've been dried, run through the planer and finished with something like Watco Danish oil. Very nice stuff.

Love that M7 Gary,

Really can do some very useable lumber right off the mill without having too resaw. Cool :cheers:

Yes.......and next thing I need to mill, lumber for a drying shed. I have
the buggy in front of the horse again.:bang:

Gary

WOW look at those rays jump out... beautiful Qsawn stuff. I'm sure you're glad you took the time to do that, great job. Just imagine how great boards like these will look after they've been dried, run through the planer and finished with something like Watco Danish oil. Very nice stuff.

:agree2:

For grins, smeared some Poly Wipe on one end (top) and Tung Oil on
other end of scrap piece.

attachment.php

Gary

Latest posts

Back