just too hot to get outside today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus103363

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yesterday morning, I worked the new splitter, and split about 1/2 a cord of wood. This morning, I stacked it up. By 10 am it was 93 degrees! Now by lunch it was 108! I think im gonna stay inside for the rest of the day! Picture is of my weather monitor. Notice the temp! How hot is it in your area today? :dizzy:

Not that hot here,current temp on my outside gauge shows 94 and 49% humidity.
I break out in a sweat just going outside.
After church this morning I decide to give the couch a good work out.I've done nothing today but laid around with my feet propped up

68, very cloudy, rh 90% Split a little pine this afternoon for the camp fire. Sweat thru all my cloths. Looked like I was working in the pouring rain.

108 here today too. Where abouts in La. are ya? We're about 50 miles north of Lake Charles.

About 20 miles south of Ruston. Checked my weather meter again, it's says 109.8, and thats at 3:45 pm! Thank goodness we finally got our new A/C unit installed! It's a cool 75 inside under the fan! Holding down this lazyboy, and trying to trick my mind it's cooler by watching Ice Road Truckers...ain't working though!

My outside thermometer says 109.0 and rising. Glad I don't have anything that must be done outside. Got my slow-cooker making me some beans and gonna try my hand at homemade baby food this afternoon.

About The Same As It Has Been All Week

Went up online to a weather channel it is 4:29 PM and 105.6 degrees now. About the same as it has been all week and even longer.

We are in a drought right now and things are burning up. Trees are dropping leaves , some have died, haven't had to mow the grass since back in mid June because it is burned up.

I did cut some Hackberry 2-weeks ago yesterday. A friend had a large limb break off and I got about half a face cord out of that. We were burned up by 10:00 AM that day.

Looks like it is getting pretty bad in many parts of the country now.

Nosmo

It was just 80s today and moderate humidity so I went and cut. Even with full chainsaw pants on it wasn't too bad.

108 and I would have been sitting in the shade doing slow bench work, maybe chains or something. I can take the heat some but that is getting into the danger zone with high humidity.

Mid 80's here...but with the humidity it felt like I had a 50lb weight on my chest. I'm well to the east (and west) of skinny so anything above 60 and I start getting a bit cranky and very moist. Ran about a cord of white/pin oak through the machine. I was soaked enough that stacking can wait for another day!

Mid 80's here...but with the humidity it felt like I had a 50lb weight on my chest. I'm well to the east (and west) of skinny so anything above 60 and I start getting a bit cranky and very moist. Ran about a cord of white/pin oak through the machine. I was soaked enough that stacking can wait for another day!

My day exactly!! I'll stack next weekend.

It was 67 degrees here all day and rainy! Air is cool now!

It was pretty nice out today.

You forgot to tell them how people in Maine start to ##### and sweat when it gets above 80. :msp_w00t::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

My out-laws in Maine have been complaining all season about the rain.

It was actually a fairly decent day here in middle America. We even got around a teaspoon of rain. That leaves us
about 15" shy on the year. At any rate, I managed to get the last of the red oak rounds chunked up into manageable
size for the splitter. But not tomorrow. Forecast is around 104.

Yeah, I swung the axes for a while in late afternoon, but it's just a pain when you're soaked and wiping sweat non stop. And after the weekend deluge the grass was still pretty wet too, as were all the rounds I was picking up. Cracked a lot of oak but it wasn't fun and I quit a lot sooner than I might have. If there had been even the slightest breath of air it would have helped tremendously, but nothing was stirring at all.

Not a pretty picture:

12_week.gif

Back