Just typed a 10 minutes post

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you are the only one reporting this oddity maybe you should check your server and device. I have no problems posting on here, a ten minute post are you writing a book.
I’m on 2 other forums of similar layout and never an issue. And the issue seems to be a result of an advertisement refreshing on the page when the advertisement refreshes the whole page, refreshes, edit blanks, my reply or blanks my post you might not see it because you’re contributing members I don’t know, but I’m using a fully up-to-date iPhone with iOS.

I’m on 2 other forums of similar layout and never an issue. And the issue seems to be a result of an advertisement refreshing on the page when the advertisement refreshes the whole page, refreshes, edit blanks, my reply or blanks my post you might not see it because you’re contributing members I don’t know, but I’m using a fully up-to-date iPhone with iOS.
Well using a phone generally leads to trouble for me.

You sure seem to be having a lot of trouble with that issue lately. What is happening? How are you losing the post? You might want to try typing your post into an auto-save word program then copy and pasting it when complete.
This is a good idea really. Just type it in my notepad and copy and paste it! Thank you.

This is a good idea really. Just type it in my notepad and copy and paste it! Thank you.
An alternative that I do on my phone is simply copy the text I'm writing occasionally... Maybe every paragraph or so. Just highlight and copy directly from the forum as you are writing. I'm only active in several forums but this has proven to be a useful and efficient technique for me.

I feel your pain. As ads are targeted others won't understand that they're not having the issues you are, and when they're having issues you probably aren't. Any number of network issues can cause data loss, the ads don't help.

My solution is to save drafts, though that doesn't always help with Undo/Redo (a Bluetooth keyboard does help on Android, don't know about iOS).

Draft.png

The Iphone is your problem. Get on a PC, jmho :cool: OT

The Iphone is your problem. Get on a PC, jmho :cool: OT
Probably not, I've seen it happen on every platform.

There are other reasons to dump Apple, like you want Alphabet all up in your banking, medical, taxes, texts, and geotracking you at all times and listening to you sleep, because...Big Brother. Everything has pros and cons...

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Back