Just wanted to show off my Doc Al 046

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenSVT

Where did all these saws come from?!?
Reaction score
I could write a book on this project, but I'll try to keep it shortish.

Basically, once upon a time I sent my 046 to JMS for a[promised] work over. The short version of that chapter is that he dicked me over hardcore, like he did many others. Most of the work promised wasn't done, and what was done looked like hell.

So some really awesome dudes, at the lead of Mr MOFO himself @drf255 made absolute magic happen. From new OEM parts, to fresh powder coat, to new plastics; this saw may as well be brand-spanking new. And she sounds vicious! Hmm, still need to put on the new starter badge and new bar once they arrive...

I should get to run some tanks through her tomorrow!
IMG_20170823_183409366.jpg IMG_20170823_183420949.jpg

Basically, once upon a time I sent my 046 to JMS for a[promised] work over. The short version of that chapter is that he dicked me over hardcore, like he did many others. Most of the work promised wasn't done, and what was done looked like hell.

So some really awesome dudes, at the lead of Mr MOFO himself @drf255 made absolute magic happen. From new OEM parts, to fresh powder coat, to new plastics; this saw may as well be brand-spanking new. And she sounds vicious! Hmm, still need to put on the new starter badge and new bar once they arrive...

View attachment 598322 View attachment 598323
Looks nice. Glad to see a bad situation was improved.

I know it was a crappy situation, but sometimes you really see who the good guys are in times like that. There are some real good guys on here, FHC, and
OH-P-E. Most of these guys would give you the shirt off of their back, glad to see it worked out for you.
Correct, MOST are great people. Always are a few looking to piss in the pool though and if you get a bad vibe about someone, it's probably not unfounded.

Time to change your signature to MOFO Mag.

I know it was a crappy situation, but sometimes you really see who the good guys are in times like that. There are some real good guys on here, FHC, and
OH-P-E. Most of these guys would give you the shirt off of their back, glad to see it worked out for you.

There were some Giants among men involved in this project, as well as fixing up so many of Jason's other screw ups. I owe a lot of shirts.

Mine does not have the wrap handle, but my Stihl 046 Mag is still a good, powerful saw that never lets me down. A logger told me the other day that he never should have sold his about nine years ago.

I liked mine before. I love it now. I doubt I'll ever need a larger saw. I hope my kids will one day pick it up and run it to heat their homes.

Looks nice. Glad to see a bad situation was improved.

Thank you. These guys hooked it up, and Al made a work of art.

Correct, MOST are great people. Always are a few looking to piss in the pool though and if you get a bad vibe about someone, it's probably not unfounded.

Sage advice. Trust your gut. Unfortunately, Jason pulled the wool over many sets of eyes. He's quite a manipulator.

Time to change your signature to MOFO Mag.

Done and done. Thanks for the reminder. I'm not sure how I missed it before.

Sage advice. Trust your gut. Unfortunately, Jason pulled the wool over many sets of eyes. He's quite a manipulator.
That's the tough part of "meeting" people online as you can't get as good of a handle on their character as quickly. Guy could be the proverbial "snake in the grass" but his true colors may not show right away. As in the case of JMS or a few of the other builders who went south.

looks great!!! glad things got taken care of by some great people here. i think i remember when you signed up here on AS and were trying to find parts for a poulan wild thing.:laughing::buttkick::buttkick:

Latest posts

Back