Just when you think stihl stopped suprising you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ordered 2 zama carbs to get 2 of my MS200t's sorted. Did it on saturday so they couldnt give me a price.

They rang me to tell me that they were on there way, over $250 US dollars EACH.

They cant make a carb to save themselves and then overcharge like that for it

Nice

Ordered 2 zama carbs to get 2 of my MS200t's sorted. Did it on saturday so they couldnt give me a price.

They cant make a carb to save themselves and then overcharge like that for it

Nice

You want me to check on a price from here? What were the part numbers?

man, that's nuts...wonder what a classic V8 old muscle car carb costs there, like 30,000?
Sawchain, $50 a drivelink?

Are other saw brands similar crazy prices there?

I understand higher prices as we deal with that all the time in Canada, but why are they charging you in US dollars instead of New Zealand dollars? Makes no sense to me...

I know that Aussie P/C cost about 3x the US price.

I wonder - are wages 3x as high, or does the purchase actually hurt 3x as much?

I see the same thing on the MSRP on saws - the MS241cm that I wanted to buy from the UK would cost me $1,100 USD + shipping + import. I wonder: are wages that much higher elsewhere, or does a guy really have to save up $1,100 on a "normal" wage to buy a saw? For a guy making say $40,000 USD/year, $1,100 is about two weeks of take-home pay if he's also paying towards his health insurance, putting some money in a 401k, and all that.

I see the same thing on the MSRP on saws - the MS241cm that I wanted to buy from the UK would cost me $1,100 USD + shipping + import. I wonder: are wages that much higher elsewhere, or does a guy really have to save up $1,100 on a "normal" wage to buy a saw? For a guy making say $40,000 USD/year, $1,100 is about two weeks of take-home pay if he's also paying towards his health insurance, putting some money in a 401k, and all that.

It hurts 3x as much! At least here it does.

most people around here are lucky to see $400 a week for a day job and we pay $5.86us a gallon for fuel don't get me started on the price of food

i'm in aus

Man, that's rough! $250.00 each!? ....Bandits! :mad:

But when ya need new carbs, ya just need new carbs...I once got stubborn and tried to rebuild a carb for one of our 200Ts, and went through three carbs several times...accelerator pumps, full rebuild kits, parts swapping...never got the saw to run right.
Sooooooo, dropped 110.00 bones for a new carb at the dealer, complained like heck all the way home, and then put the new carb in...

And the saw ran like new, like perfectly...:rock:

I didn't feel so ticked off about the 110.00 anymore...

Have a great day and Saw Safe

That's typical stealership practice. You will ALWAYS pay more at a dealership.

Are these special carbs? Auto-tune or something?

Do you have to buy the carbs from Stihl? isn't there another source for Zama carbs? In addition to that, is there a Tillotson or Walbro that might fit? Have you thought of buying used?

That's typical stealership practice. You will ALWAYS pay more at a dealership. Are these special carbs? Auto-tune or something?

Do you have to buy the carbs from Stihl? isn't there another source for Zama carbs? In addition to that, is there a Tillotson or Walbro that might fit? Have you thought of buying used?

Horse####....I promise you wont pay more at my shop...I get so tired of that argument...if thats the case, find another shop...

best one I have found is 1129 120 0653 $96.75

Latest posts

Back