Kansas Kubota

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day cutting.Ended up being a multi-species day, with Black Walnut,Black Birch, Hackberry,Elm, Bur Oak and Hedge all falling to the Jonsered.Darn Beavers!All but the Black Walnut were healthy trees before they got into them.

No i just have the stick shift model with the Hydrolic Front Loader. I love the tractor. What do you use it for.

Good day cutting.Ended up being a multi-species day, with Black Walnut,Black Birch, Hackberry,Elm, Bur Oak and Hedge all falling to the Jonsered.Darn Beavers!All but the Black Walnut were healthy trees before they got into them.

Which jonsered are you useing? Lot of beaver around here also. Worries me when I get around creeks with tall grass while cutting wood. Tractor tires aint cheap. Been a few times I all most drove over the big tooth picks they leave behind.

Which jonsered are you useing? Lot of beaver around here also. Worries me when I get around creeks with tall grass while cutting wood. Tractor tires aint cheap. Been a few times I all most drove over the big tooth picks they leave behind.

That saw is a 630.I have a bit of a chainsaw problem, so it is not unusual for me to take 4 or 5 along for a day of cutting.I like the older pro saws.
I went Elk hunting last month and the ranch foreman told me he would pay me to deliver a couple of live beavers.Said they provided great habitat at a cheap price.I draw the line when they start going after the Bur Oaks, which are the best deer-candy in the woods.

Where in Kansas are you?My place is in Chautauqua county, next to the OK border.

Last edited:
That saw is a 630.I have a bit of a chainsaw problem, so it is not unusual for me to take 4 or 5 along for a day of cutting.I like the older pro saws.
I went Elk hunting last month and the ranch foreman told me he would pay me to deliver a couple of live beavers.Said they provided great habitat at a cheap price.I draw the line when they start going after the Bur Oaks, which are the best deer-candy in the woods.

Where in Kansas are you?My place is in Chautauqua county, next to the OK border.

I use a 670 Jonsered for felling and cutting the larger rounds. Just used it last night for the first time in a long time, man it screams. Love the saw but its heavy. I live just north of sedgwick county. The phone company has a building down by the highway with a creek by it and ever so often trappers come out and trap the beaver. They build a dam right there and the building will go under water if they don't trap. Most of the creeks have beaver around here and have ever since I was a kid. Used to scare me when I was hunting and their tails slapped the water. I have deer, turkey, bobcat, and coyote come up in my field. The only thing I shoot are the bobcat and coyote. They play heck with my chickens.

M7040.70 HP, gear drive, hydraulic shuttle.Do you have a grapple?It sure is nice for firewood cutting.
Is that 70 engine or PTO HP? I suspect its engine. When did they switch from PTO or wheel to engine? I don't know when but I know why. The numbers are always bigger therefore makes for good marketing.

I use a 670 Jonsered for felling and cutting the larger rounds. Just used it last night for the first time in a long time, man it screams. Love the saw but its heavy. I live just north of sedgwick county. The phone company has a building down by the highway with a creek by it and ever so often trappers come out and trap the beaver. They build a dam right there and the building will go under water if they don't trap. Most of the creeks have beaver around here and have ever since I was a kid. Used to scare me when I was hunting and their tails slapped the water. I have deer, turkey, bobcat, and coyote come up in my field. The only thing I shoot are the bobcat and coyote. They play heck with my chickens.

I'll come up and shoot your problem deer! The bobcats are the worst;my place is perfect for turkeys, and the neighbor says he used to see "hundreds" of them in my low pasture.Now they are very rare to see.I am letting a local guy trap this winter, so I hope they come back.If that 670 gets too heavy for you, let me know.

Is that 70 engine or PTO HP? I suspect its engine. When did they switch from PTO or wheel to engine? I don't know when but I know why. The numbers are always bigger therefore makes for good marketing.

70 hp engine, 62 pto.I've been on tractors, some bigger, some smaller, since I was a kid.The 4 wheel drive makes it pull like a much bigger tractor, and the 7' brush hog cuts like a demon, even through 2" plum thicket.I got the bigger tractor because I have a very hilly, often muddy place and the smaller tractors didn't have Traction Lock available.

Latest posts

Back