KC, MO cut Saturday Feb 28th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attendance list. Update as needed:
jetmd + 2
msvold
gritz
lasmacgod
sam-tip (splitter and stuff)
wkend lumberjak (splitter)
67L36Driver and family--maybe
Mo. Jim--maybe

Thanks Hinerman for getting the list started! Your help is appreciated.

Gentlemen, I need your help: My wife and I have contacted several churches, food banks, and the local
VFW......thus far we have no sure thing as far as donating any of the wood when we are done.

If you know of someone who is truely in need we will do everythin in our power to get them all the wood
we can.

Thanks!

Gentlemen, I need your help: My wife and I have contacted several churches, food banks, and the local
VFW......thus far we have no sure thing as far as donating any of the wood when we are done.

If you know of someone who is truely in need we will do everythin in our power to get them all the wood
we can.

Thanks!

You need to get with Steve (Workshop). His charity works with the local food pantry. When people come get food they can sign up for wood. I wouldn't be discouraged since you are starting a new program. You will get a few clients and once word of mouth gets out you probably won't have enough wood for the need out there. People like free stuff.... Good luck, I hope to make it.

I am planning to be there. I can probably bring my splitter but just like Kenneth you have to promise not to laugh at it.

I am planning to be there. I can probably bring my splitter but just like Kenneth you have to promise not to laugh at it.

Anybody who laughs at a log splitter should be shackled to a ball and chain, handed an axe, and forced to split a truckload of 20" hedge rounds. Upon completion, if they still want to laugh at a splitter, bring another truckload. Wash, rinse, repeat. If they continue to laugh, just be happy that they are splitting the wood, and you're saving on gas money.

jetmd
msvold
gritz
lasmacgod
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)

jetmd
msvold
gritz
lasmacgod
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman

This is turning into a big event. May have to pencil it in. Want to see what some of my local bretheren are doing.

Now to figure out which saw to bring... possibly that loud Homelite C-72... lol

Yes. Do I bring GTG saws or really useful stuff.

Prolly a mix of mid size newer like some of the resurrected Stihls on hand and 'Fat Alice', Homie XP-1000 and my SL-55.

What is there for shelter on/near the cut site? Suitable for geezers, women and children. Port-a-Potty?

There is an actual bathroom which is in his shop which is heated and will be open for our members, I will
have my Ranger on site and people could use it to drive to the shop so they don't have to walk.

The only issue will be if it rains like it did this past Saturday, we would be very limited on being able to
drag out logs without tearing up his property.

We will need to watch the weather and plan accordingly.

There is also room if anyone wants to be adventurous and camp out!!

There is an actual bathroom which is in his shop which is heated and will be open for our members, I will
have my Ranger on site and people could use it to drive to the shop so they don't have to walk.

The only issue will be if it rains like it did this past Saturday, we would be very limited on being able to
drag out logs without tearing up his property.

We will need to watch the weather and plan accordingly.

There is also room if anyone wants to be adventurous and camp out!!

You Might consider getting logs drug up early. Looks like it will be a good turn out.

jetmd + 2
msvold
gritz
lasmacgod
Mo. Jim--maybe
warjohn (splitter)
Vic Hyman
cuttinties