KD Hotsaw, I Good News!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NB Logger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What would you like first, I guess the good news ,I got 3rd place with the 385 KD today in the 0-100 cc class out here in NB, NB logger got second with your 066kd in the same class, all classes were two cuts.
1st EHP 6400 dolmar 3.48 sec.
2nd NB logger 066 4.52 sec. 10 by 10 aspen
3rd gypo 385 4.62 sec.

0-60cc
1st EHP slow 357 5.80sec 10 by 10 aspen
2nd Jardine R 16 6.40 sec
3nd NB 357 7.21 sec

0-70
1st EPH 6400 4.05 sec
2nd Roger 120 4,42 sec 10 by 10 aspen
3rd Jardine 266 4.81 sec

0-80
1st EPH 6400 3.90 sec
2nd Roger 120 4.14 sec 10 by 10 aspen

open
1st NB rotax 2.75 sec
2nd Roger 3120 ehp 3.20 12 by 12 aspen
3rd ehp 3120 3.26
It was a good turnout with over 40 saws and the weather and people were great.
I think I came 5th, not sure though in the open class with the KD 088, but got a 5.58. As you can see the EHP 6400 was the show stopper.
John

Here is another useless and mundane video of me cutting with the 385KD today in Miramichi New Brunswick Canada, only a 16 hr. drive from Toronto. Is the official time. 0356246 of a sec. off the video I posted below?
John

Bernie I sold 32 chains so I must be good , and why would I not be

Last edited:
Here's Roger MacPhee of N.B. cutting with his EHP 3120 in a 12" x12" Aspen.
John

Looks like your switch cost you 2nd place Gypo logger. Maybe the pressure was more than you could bare.
Was that one of your chains or did you borrow one from ehp?
Bernie

Awesome, John. Do you have clips of Ed's 6400? Is it piped? It-and Ed-- sure are fast!

So's my ehp 357!!!

Hi Bernie , no I was running a Dennis Cahoon chain that is why I got 3rd.
No rbtree the 6400 of Ed's was on muffler but using alcohol

EHP Ported Show Stopper

Gypo,
Thanks for the info. Was wondering how you all did. Sounds Like I need to come back up to Camp Lambert so I can learn to operate better from the pros. Are the Class Schedules still, The How To of Operating a Saw in the AM and Chain Building 101 in the PM? If so, Sign me up for the 1st quarter of classes. Ill be paying you my tuition in 7900's.

Guess it will have to be a few more tailgate parties.

Sounds like the Slow 357 turned some heads. Glad Ed finally got it worked out. I was really worried that saw would never get fast.
As far as the EHP6400, Many new he would be Kicking A$$ and taking names.
Glad all went so well. Cant type to long, I am inspecting your race chain with a magnifying glass, I almost have an exact clone made. Still working on your NEW raker design. I just cant belive these things cut so fast.

Thanks
Hunter

Originally posted by NB Logger
Hi Bernie , no I was running a Dennis Cahoon chain that is why I got 3rd.

HA HA HA HA! Always the jokester, eh Gypo?

Bernie, do you suppose that he`s saying the Cahoon chain pushed him right back out of the cut?

Nice work John, Ed, and NB Logger!

Russ

It was Titan in the 0-70 with the 266 that got third. Great show and thanks for showing up. You guys have alot of very fast saws.

Jokers,
I can't wait to see Gypo logger make a cold start 3 cut at a race. I don't think the chain will make any difference. HA HA HA HA!
Bernie

Bernie tell Dennis the chain cut great and cannot wait until I get the other chains I ordered from him, The check is in the mail, and why would it not be.
064 and Titan sorry but we were not sure on the other guys times cause NB logger son's took the times but just got our times so we knew what saw won it place but not all your names yet

hope Amy does well and it turns out good for her, we had fun and like the show and you can tell all the other guys you do have hard wood here

Hi Roger, here's the video of the EHP 6400 on Alcohol.
Don't tell anybody, but Ed is building me a 7900 muffler and pipe alcohol saw and when I get it I will take it apart and post the pictures here so that all can see Ed's work, and why wouldn't I, it's my saw to do with what I like.
John

It's Ed here. You should have seen that Gypo, in the first three classes he couldn't make a cut if his life depended on it. Too much pressure I guess. Then when he got third in the 0- 100 class he was strutting around like a peacock and telling everyone how to build racechain- what a dork!
Anyway, here's limpy with the KD 088.
Bernie

Originally posted by NB Logger
....Don't tell anybody, but Ed is building me a 7900 muffler and pipe alcohol saw and when I get it I will take it apart and post the pictures here so that all can see Ed's work, and why wouldn't I, it's my saw to do with what I like.
John

Come on John, do something original!

Russ

Russ , Gypo did do something different, I have never heard so much BS on how to file a chain in my life , I hope most of those guys were not buying in to his story , because if it looks ,taste and smells like crap , 9 out 10 times it is crap.
It was great to have him down here but all he wanted to do was look for the green gold and i showed him the best bush down here and he wanted to know where the real trees were that took a saw to cut not a weed wacker

Check out ehp's bar angle in the wood then yours with the 088. Ya got to keep your bar full lenght in the wood cuttin cants. Looks like your cuttin with a woody Gypo. Fred

Hachet my cutting angles were more that way to do with the height of the block than style , you know i am a short in the ass kind of guy and that high block had me screwed on any fast switching and i guess i need to run more on high stands to get use to it because that was high, i think the highest i have ever cut on, so you can see the little 6400 got faster each run as she is starting to loosen up , i wish i had about 2 more days before that show so i would of had the 7900 done to, i guess Gypo is like the 6400 he got faster each time out to , he is a coming

Back