Keep sawdust out of your gloves.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, those would work keeping it out of your laces. also would keep brush from untying the boot straps. I always double tie mine to help with that.

The top of the sock has two layers, and the outside rolls down over the top of your boot. They keep dirt or chips from getting down into your boots. (in case ya didn't catch that "))

reminds me of a funny moment.

my lady and i took down a couple of aspens (the house in colorado, not chicago) in the front yard and we were both bucking them as the thinner trees give her an opportunity to run the smaller saw (she's a petite thing and only cuddles with the 372 for warmth, doesn't run it), after completing the task and downin a cold one, we both collapsed into bed fully clothed for some frisky time.

didn't take long for us to wonder what the heck had gotten into the bed... turns out both of our pants cuffs were chock full of chips.

:jawdrop:

If your cutting wood with those loose wristed leather gloves and you find they fill with sawdust as the pinky finger does first, simply take your axe with the glove on a stump and lop the end of the fingers off and you'll have no more accumalation of chips. Take your hand out of the glove first though.
YSM

Last edited:
i don't wear gloves but got any idea how to keep it out of your hoodie pockets? that bugs me.

I have the same problem and I usually forget then take it off in the house then look out the wife starts telling me how I should check the pockets. I want to choke myself I though about trying to remove the pocket. I buy most of my clothes at the salvation army so it will not be a large monetary loss.

Or your socks. That is the worst. None of the rest is an issue, but the slivers in my socks are really frustrating.

Then follow the OP's advice, and wear your socks on your arms. Problem solved!

Back