KIlled one in the woodshed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE
You folks can hug all the snakes you want.. I see em, I kill em..

+1[/QUOTE]

You people are fun to mess with. I'll never forget the look on my buddy's face when he opened the top drawer of his toolbox and found a little garter snake wriggling around. Screamed like a little girl and wouldn't go near the box until I took it outside. :)

After 5 pages, this thread could use an on-topic musical intermission.

Blind Lemon Jefferson recorded in the 1920s for Paramount records, one of the labels specializing in so-called "race records." IMO, there's better blues pickers, but this one's fitting to the topic at hand:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3yd-c91ww8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3yd-c91ww8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i found 4 kittens in my wood pile, lucky i had my axe and hammer..........

I have the luxury of being indifferent to snakes. The rattlers have long since been killed off by the settlers and water moccasins are pretty scarce. Mostly just the benign garder snakes are what I find.

But I'm a sucker for a turtle. It's a rare day that I won't help one across the road. Makes me sad seeing them as road kill.

Except for the snapping ones. I've seen some snappers as big as a small alligator fully stretched out.

Add frogs and toads in there too. Rabbits and woodchucks get shot, as do squirrels but anything that eats bugs and rodents is A OKAY in my book.

Yup if it is poisonous on my farm dead I don't kill them in the wild unless they bout get me.
Non-poisonous are just ignored or played with a while and let go.

:agree2:
I can understand killing snakes if they are a threat to you or yours, but to kill them just because you dont like them or are scared of them doesnt make much sense to me.

I don't mind snakes but I shot a woodchuck today, I hate them. Left him cut open in a clearing for the hawks. Never let food go to waste.

:agree2:
I can understand killing snakes if they are a threat to you or yours, but to kill them just because you dont like them or are scared of them doesnt make much sense to me.

I agree but I ain't scared of them like some people now get me outside in a bad lightning storm and I will hurt someone or myself getting to cover.

I grabbed a black snake by accident cleaning out the rock trap in a combine one time. I screamed like a girl and threw that thing a country mile. I think I peed a little too!

One of my earliest memories was my dad killin a snake with a hoe. He really is scared by em.

I leave em be ... unless they are in a combine rock trap!

Back