kiln suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

germy01

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a small kiln. 500-1000 board feet capacity and no solar since it will be inside a building. Anyone know of any such kilns. Thanks

Look at the Nyle L50. It's a dehumidification kiln that requires less energy input than a conventional kiln. I have a Nyle L200 and can't say enough good things about the Nyle company. The only other DH kiln in that size range would be an Ebac and I have heard mostly negative things about them, especially parts availability.
The company formally known as Koetter (I forget the new name, Nova maybe?) has a small kiln in it's Timber Tyke line that is good (I also have a small Koetter but haven't dealt with the new company yet) but requires greater energy input.

I looked into small kilns a while back, and decided if I was to get or build one it would be a small dehumidification kiln. I've heard some really good things about that method, and yes they don't take all that much energy to run.

Yes. Normal operating max temp is 130 degrees, but you can turn the compressor off and run the temp up as high as you like to sterilize lumber. I set pine pitch at 160.

Back