kind of had a splitter given to me today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcars2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
don have my camera handy but i will try to get you some pics later in the day or tomorrow. this monster uses a belt driven pump, its green, may be off a JD tractor.
Well anyhow, it has one of the huge old briggs, you know like 2 ft tall. Suprising to me he said it actually runs, but at the time i tried it it has no fire.
I have a replacement engine so this is no biggy.
He tells me when it get in a bind it actually stalls out the motor. there are three lines on the pump. Would a pump of this type have a bypass or check valve that pops off at a certain pressure. he tells me it did just fine, and then after sitting for a year, this started.
the three fitting are close on the pump and there is a fourth looks to be a cap threadedin close to them, maybe this is a spring loaded pop-off type valve to prevent stalling the engine or mechanical damage to the pump.
as usuual i havent given my friends here much to work with but maybe if i get to post pics we can gather some information.
Thanks badcars2

where do the hoses on the pump run to or from?

sounds like an interesting piece of machinery....get some pics up!!!

pump imfo

BC, Did you get that Briggs runing? I hope you stick with the BIG OLE BRIGGS, Any Imfo on that third line,? Keep us posted,..E,J,

forgot to get pics but.....

finally got it lit today with the honda motor. the belt drive seems to be the limitiation. it split everything i threw at it, oak, locust, maple. put a really nasty piece of elm in it i have gad for years, evreyone has that nasty piece of wood laying around, nuff said. then it bogged a little and started trying to smoke the belt, the motor and pump mount are on a common eighth inch plate. way to floppy for my taste, you can actualy see the whole mount assy move when the pressure is really on. so i am gonna reinforce all of this and try again tomorow.
i am charging the batteries in the camera, we will have pics!
:chainsaw: :givebeer:

belt ideler

finally got it lit today with the honda motor. the belt drive seems to be the limitiation. it split everything i threw at it, oak, locust, maple. put a really nasty piece of elm in it i have gad for years, evreyone has that nasty piece of wood laying around, nuff said. then it bogged a little and started trying to smoke the belt, the motor and pump mount are on a common eighth inch plate. way to floppy for my taste, you can actualy see the whole mount assy move when the pressure is really on. so i am gonna reinforce all of this and try again tomorow.
i am charging the batteries in the camera, we will have pics!
:chainsaw: :givebeer:

I would help to have a spring loaded ideler on that belt It l save you alota hassel, Be sure to get it on the right side, to be effective, What can you tell us about the third line , where does it go?,,Have fun E,J,

Last edited:
Back