Kodiak 1700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenorth

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all:
I lit the stove for the first time, I think I have a small problem,,,,
with the air control fully closed, the fire still burns very hot,, any ideas as to why this might be?
the stove was installed and WETT certified, by the dealer..........

take care
john

stove05.jpg

I have a brand new Jotul and my air control lever was stuck when I first tried it.Turned out there was still sand from the casting that had to be removed before it would work.Every stove maker tells you not to start a fire with the the ash drawer cracked open, but it sure helps starting stubborn wood if you watch it carefully.

how tall is your chimney? Do you have a damper? Maybe you have excessive draft. I'd check the other suggestions first, but I had to install a damper on the stove pipe for my basement stove (had a similar problem) 30' + chimney and all is fine now.

A trick you might try is, roll up some newspaper and light it. blow it out so it smokes good, and move it around the edges of your burning stove. This should indicate where the air is being drawn into your stove. Hopefully its something like a bad seal.

Latest posts

Back