Kohler TP 2B tachometer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impalervlad

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I called my saw shop to see if they had chainsaw tachometers. I wanted a Fast Tach. They called me back with a price on a Kohler TP 2B tachometer. I asked if it was fast response and didn't think to ask about max RPM's because they didn't know the answer to the first question. I told them I would check online and let them know if I was interested. They recommended Kohler because that is what they use in the shop. The price was around $55.00 plus tax (7% in NJ).
I looked on line and couldn't find any information on the Tach.
Anybody here familiar with this brand or model Tachometer?

Thank you very much for the reply. That's exactly the kind of information I needed.
I went to the saw shop and eventually also to the local Tractor Supply because I tried Bailey's and they didn't list the Fast Tach and the tachs they had were all double the price of the Fast Tachs I finally found online. TS didn't have any tachs at all and all I got was a lot of stares when I asked for one.
You guys that live in areas where people show some self-sufficiency should be happy you have shops that cater to people who fix their own stuff. In NJ, everybody just leaves equipment for repair and complains about the cost.
Are you allowed to recommend an online source that I can trust? I mostly only shop brick and mortar stores if I can.

When I started in 1990, a rep set me up with a nice little tach for $30, the only lit that camewith it was written in 3 different Oriental
languages, best little tach ever.... The rep couldnot get me any more, so now I just use a Stihl tach, which ran @ $100 a fewyears ago.

After looking around for a while, I found a nice little Opamma tachometer for around $50. If you google pet 304 tachometer you will find a couple places to buy it. It's made in Japan and mine had an Echo label on it. I've already used it a couple of times now with the temp changes and after my muffler mod. You just place it near the plug and boom, tach reading. It has an hour meter too.

In NJ, you have to learn how to be self-sufficient since there are few people with any desire to help anyone else. I bought my TinyTach online. Nowhere specific, just the cheapest place I could find. Probably the bay or glamazon. Do that. You won't find one locally. I promise. And the cost was nominal, 20/30/40 bucks? Don't exactly remember.

Nope. Just hold it close to the plug. Disregard all the wires.

Latest posts

Back