Korbel mill for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well we can always hope that a dynamic market creates opportunity. Thanks for posting

Mills in WA are for sale too. One in Longview, Mill 3 in Shelton and Mill 5 in Dayton. CBOP otherwise known as Commencement Bay operations (Tacoma) is for sale too. Package deal or singles. Lots of folks hoping Sierra doesn't buy any of em. Most likely Mill 3 and 5 will be bought as a package, large and small log mills respectively. I see them going after CBOP or the Longview mill or both; then they'd have the 5 corridor covered really well. Hope Interfor buys some of em. Especially 3 and 5, then they would have the peninsula covered really well. Only Problem is 3 and 5 come with a railroad... could make it a hard sale.

Mills in WA are for sale too. One in Longview, Mill 3 in Shelton and Mill 5 in Dayton. CBOP otherwise known as Commencement Bay operations (Tacoma) is for sale too. Package deal or singles. Lots of folks hoping Sierra doesn't buy any of em. Most likely Mill 3 and 5 will be bought as a package, large and small log mills respectively. I see them going after CBOP or the Longview mill or both; then they'd have the 5 corridor covered really well. Hope Interfor buys some of em. Especially 3 and 5, then they would have the peninsula covered really well. Only Problem is 3 and 5 come with a railroad... could make it a hard sale.

If there's any timber land for sale with the mills you can bet SPI will be interested. Otherwise they might buy a small mill, shut it down, and just gut it to eliminate some competition.

longview..........i remember reading about it getting started.........parent company was out of longview texas. article was in southern logging times.......some ting about how mill towns where established. i would post it if i had more computer sense. i thought it was interesting the links between southern timber companys and the PNW.

SPI is in the mix, just the mill or more, SPI has a mill just down the road in Arcata. Home territory for SPI.

I'm happy to see anybody buy 'em so long as they stay open.

i would post it if i had more computer sense. i thought it was interesting the links between southern timber companys and the PNW.

Funny thing, that. Weyco has long had Loblolly operations and a research site in Hot Springs AR, and I remember being amused to find one of their box plants in VA Beach when I lived there.

Back