Kubota Pony motor fuel issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcellz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello
I recently purchased a 2000 asplunt truck. The Pony motor will run if I squirt carb cleaner into it however it will not run at all with out the spray. I pulled off the gas line and turned the key and gas came pumping out "must have electric pump" so gas is getting to the carb.
the carb has a small black box with a wire coming out of it that hooks to the primary on the coil. Is this some kind of injector and it is using the on/off charge for the ignition to open and close itself and pump gas into motor? Has anyone ever had this issue? Currently I am just using the truck's PTO but would like to get the pony up and running.

Its a 3 cylinder gas kubota pony motor.

Thanks
Jeff

Hello
I recently purchased a 2000 asplunt truck. The Pony motor will run if I squirt carb cleaner into it however it will not run at all with out the spray. I pulled off the gas line and turned the key and gas came pumping out "must have electric pump" so gas is getting to the carb.
the carb has a small black box with a wire coming out of it that hooks to the primary on the coil. Is this some kind of injector and it is using the on/off charge for the ignition to open and close itself and pump gas into motor? Has anyone ever had this issue? Currently I am just using the truck's PTO but would like to get the pony up and running.

Its a 3 cylinder gas kubota pony motor.

Thanks
Jeff
We had a slight problem with ours, it was the coil we replaced and runs like new now. When it started to go, it started sputtering really bad. Check plugs as well. That seems to be the culprit on these engines not running right. But yeah running the PTO off engine sure sucks the gas back if your running her all day long!

the black switch on the bottom of the carb is a fuel cut, when the power to the coil is shut off it cuts the fuel. you can state with the electric fuel cut switch , if that dont fix it, then its the coil.

asplundh truck

can I ask where you got the truck? I just posted a new thread asking about a dealer that is peddling refubished asplundh trucks.

I bought it from DnG trucks and other than the pony motor this truck has been pretty solid. It wasnt refurbished though it still needs a paint job pretty bad. I plan on digging around here some to see if I can find some tips on a DIY paint job. Anyway the person I delt with was Gloria and I feel like she was pretty fair.

I bought it from DnG trucks and other than the pony motor this truck has been pretty solid. It wasnt refurbished though it still needs a paint job pretty bad. I plan on digging around here some to see if I can find some tips on a DIY paint job. Anyway the person I delt with was Gloria and I feel like she was pretty fair.

gloria is a good lady to deal with. sorry to hear your having issues with the fuel still. let me know if you want the truck painted. 3500 for a professional paint job

the black switch on the bottom of the carb is a fuel cut, when the power to the coil is shut off it cuts the fuel. you can state with the electric fuel cut switch , if that dont fix it, then its the coil.
We are having a problem finding an ignition coil replacement for our 3 cyl Kubota pony motor. The only number on it is 705. Its on a 1998 GMC 7500. Can you please help us with this information? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back