kut kwick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Kut Kwick name brings back some memories. As a teenager, I got some seat time on one of these.
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae203/bigdogtrucker3/IM000200.jpg
It was the big one with the Wisconsin 16 horse twin and large deck.
I'm too short to put my feet on the pegs and my haunches against the seat "back"
So to steer it in reverse I had to put a serious grip with the ankles and feet on the sulky.
even more fun is the revers is just two steel wheels and you have to keep one hand pulling the lever or it stops moving.
At the front office there was a long narrow, dead end spot (maybe 40~50 ft) that you had to back your way out of.
Was always just bit of a butt clencher moment for me.

I guess you could say my first version of skid steer mowing sorta involved my BVDs

I am so badly looking for a couple just like the picture you attached above in this listing. I have two similar and a third very much like the oldest at the top of the thread with the big blade on it. If anyone sees any like the big Wisconsin model I would love to know to buy. That engine is a Wisconsin AENLD that is only about 9HP.

I have one like Brad's, it has an old smaller Clinton on it, engine is not worth anything, but wheels and blade still turn.
I am looking for the larger unit sold in about 1979. It was like two pictured below which were sold with a one wheel sulky. I use and am seeking the single brush hog front with the single large blade and though I have one of the two blade finish cut mowers that is not what I need. I have the oldest sawblade type but that is not what I am
searching for.

ben

3I93M73p05E55K45Facbbaa0d1b0ddb12187e.jpg IM000200.jpg

We had two of them. One had a 5HP Wisconsin the other an 8Hp Wisconsin. My grandfather lost an eye from one of those machines. Don't know where they are now, wish I did.

Wow, it just looks like death on wheels. Cool.
Probably more dangerous to bystanders. My grandfather had one but decommissioned it before I arrived. My dad said many co-workers' feet were lost to those machines. We had a much smaller version that was a factory Gravely option. Dad would never let me install it due to what he had seen with the other.

Ron

Back