Kuuma Vapor-Fire 100 EPA Testing Results

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lampmfg

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
We have received confirmation that these are the final emission results for the testing of our Kuuma Vapor-Fire 100-

Cat 1 – 0.147 lb/MMBtu

Cat 2 – 0.089 lb/MMBtu

Cat 3 – 0.093 lb/MMbtu

Cat 4 – 0.043 lb/MMBtu

Our average is .093 lb/MMBtu, which is pretty impressive considering no catalytic converter is being used for combustion and the current standard is .93 lb/MMBtu (10 times better). It's the only warm air furnace that we are aware of which has exceeded 2020 EPA phase 2 emissions requirements. We haven't received the final document from Intertek yet for final EPA certification and it might be a little while since we have to update our owners manual and a couple of other things. If we had more time and money I know we could've done a little better but we don't want to invest another large amount of $ to retest all of the categories and my dad doesn't have any more time to sit through all of the burns:)

EPA Phase 1 requirement is .93
EPA Phase 2 requirement is .15 (coming in 2020) all 4 burns need to be under the .15 and not just the average (very difficult)!

If you don't meet these requirements you won't be able to sell the furnace when the requirement goes into effect.

For comparison, I found the following information posted on other furnace manufacturers websites:

Mini-Caddy - .841 lb/MMBtu
Caddy - .654 lb/MMBtu
Max Caddy - .735 lb/MMBtu
Tundra II - .654 lb/MMBtu
Heatmax - .654 lb/MMBtu
Heatpack - .841 lb/MMBtu
Heatpro - .735 lb/MMBtu

We have received confirmation that these are the final emission results for the testing of our Kuuma Vapor-Fire 100-

Cat 1 – 0.147 lb/MMBtu

Cat 2 – 0.089 lb/MMBtu

Cat 3 – 0.093 lb/MMbtu

Cat 4 – 0.043 lb/MMBtu

Our average is .093 lb/MMBtu, which is pretty impressive considering no catalytic converter is being used for combustion and the current standard is .93 lb/MMBtu (10 times better). It's the only warm air furnace that we are aware of which has exceeded 2020 EPA phase 2 emissions requirements. We haven't received the final document from Intertek yet for final EPA certification and it might be a little while since we have to update our owners manual and a couple of other things. If we had more time and money I know we could've done a little better but we don't want to invest another large amount of $ to retest all of the categories and my dad doesn't have any more time to sit through all of the burns:)

EPA Phase 1 requirement is .93
EPA Phase 2 requirement is .15 (coming in 2020) all 4 burns need to be under the .15 and not just the average (very difficult)!

If you don't meet these requirements you won't be able to sell the furnace when the requirement goes into effect.

For comparison, I found the following information posted on other furnace manufacturers websites:

Mini-Caddy - .841 lb/MMBtu
Caddy - .654 lb/MMBtu
Max Caddy - .735 lb/MMBtu
Tundra II - .654 lb/MMBtu
Heatmax - .654 lb/MMBtu
Heatpack - .841 lb/MMBtu
Heatpro - .735 lb/MMBtu

Back