Lace bark elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmax

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have 4 of these elms which were bare root bought, and are all well. One has 3 branches maybe 8" off the ground with diameter of pinky finger. I think I need to cut these off, so the tree can grow normally. I hesitate before asking here. If it'd screw it up, then I may as well get rid of it, for I'm not about to have a tree with branches this low. The main trunk looks like it'd have enough branches for normal growth. Most likely something I should have done a couple years ago. Thx DM

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 8
I have 4 of these elms which were bare root bought, and are all well. One has 3 branches maybe 8" off the ground with diameter of pinky finger. I think I need to cut these off, so the tree can grow normally. I hesitate before asking here. If it'd screw it up, then I may as well get rid of it, for I'm not about to have a tree with branches this low. I'll try to post pics. Thx DM
Another pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 10
Thx for that. Also have a Japanese Zelcova that's doing great, besides it having this extremely long leader, with very few lower branches. Do I prune this back? Should I send a pic? Thx for the advice. DM

Latest posts

Back