LAN-48-2E are they over center?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Are they over center booms? Also is there an easy way to tell if I boom truck is over center?
Thanks

Don't be so hard on the guy. I been renting boom lifts and cranes for well over 10 years now, probably paid enough in hire fees to buy a brand new 100 footer twice over. And I still don't know what "over center" means. Maybe it's a term you guys use stateside that we don't have here.... I got no idea!

Don't be so hard on the guy. I been renting boom lifts and cranes for well over 10 years now, probably paid enough in hire fees to buy a brand new 100 footer twice over. And I still don't know what "over center" means. Maybe it's a term you guys use stateside that we don't have here.... I got no idea!

Ok, so you don't know over center, but I bet you know what it means.
So let's say your boom has an upper and lower, if you unfold the upper as far as you can and it stops before it is totally straight with the lower, that is not over center.
If you can unfold the upper to go past 90 degrees over the lower, it is over center and will have 2 rams.
Jeff :)

Latest posts

Back