Large Oak dying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nitrogen could trigger a growth response from the tree. Nitrogen IS energy. Causing more growth will place a higher "demand" on a possibly impacted root system to sustain that growth, causing a depletion of VITAL stored sugars/carbs in the root system. Fertilizer in a tree that has had significant (possible?) root injury is NOT the way to go. First step is as stated above determine extent of root impact and proceed from there.

This subject could be argued to death. In my opinion and previous experience on construction sites water, mulch and fertilizer are the three key ingredients when it comes to root, trunk and branch damage on trees on construction sites. I have been involved in winning two Excellent in Arboricultural Awards from TCIA with saving trees on construction sites with two prominent clients and we saved all of the trees. I grew up in the NAA/TCIA mentality and yes the ISA has great ideas but I dont agree with all of them and this is the main objection I have with ISA with dealing with trees on construction sites and fertilizing them.

Latest posts

Back