Last Big Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this. I've been out of commercial work for a good while. Let my license and insurance go. Don't do any climbing anymore. Was cleaning out my photo albums. This is the last big tree I climbed and really had fun. It was a big Maple that was cracking. There was a storm coming up the East Coast, and an old friend asked if I could get it down ASAP. The crack was opening up a good foot and I was worried about putting my 200 pounds up in the top. The section that was cracking was over the power lines and his house. Told my friend I would have to use a crane. He said do it. Anybody else getting old and actually have a pic of their last big tree? Jollylogger, that last tree of yours doesn't count. I expect to see you up in something big soon! The last time I posted this pic every body jumped on me for no helmet, no ears, no chaps. We didn't use all that much PPE 20-30 years ago. I guess it was time for me to move over and let the guys that really know what they are doing take over. Now all I do is hunt, fish, and shoot my target 22's, Joe.

Yep, went to the same High School. He's a little older than me. I remember when he first got started in the 70's, he had a big flat bed I would loved to had, for a car carrier. It was a 34 Diamond T-Mack, cool old truck. I bump into him now and then at farm and equipment auctions. Not close friends, we don't hang out, but we always speak and talk of the old guys and old times, Joe.

Back