last day at work for the year so i took the camera

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny748

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi guys
well its our last day at work for the year,so i took my camera along and took a few pics while refueling.now to work out how to do it:bang:

hey belgain
we fall most of (90%)our timber with a timbco,but for the others we have a stihl 088 magnum and 3 o66 magnums.the o66s are used mainly for cutting the sawlogs.harvesting on the landing is done by a pc300-6 komatsu fitted with a rosin 980(30in)harvester.will take pics from the madill,pine and chipper next year.
thanks tiny748

I see those cute little Tasmanian Devils on National Geo and I wish they would stop all development there. Can't they make it a park or something.
it's such a beautiful place, I feel it's a crime to be mining the forest like that.
You should be ashamed!! :blob2:
John

I think the British systmaticaly wiped out the Tassie Aboriginies a long time ago. Genocide and ethnic cleansing at its worst. Truly dreadfull part of our colonial history.

hey gypo-logger
maybe you should come and see for your self instead of watching what a tv shows,as for the tassie devils there here every where(ever heard of a habitat resurve).tv always shows the worst of what is happing,shame the cant show the whole story,as for the butcher comment 4th generation logger myself so dont talk about some thing you know nothing about.go back and watch on national geo.....

Tiny, can the computer in the Rosin tell where the butt of the log is or do you have to make a cut and measure from there? I notice that in the first picture of your second post your cutting near the end of a log that doesn't seem to have any rot. I don't know much about how this stuff works.

hi scott
the reason i cut it is because the bottom of the log has(had) a spur on it,as for the computer i bark it first looking for defects then on the run back to but i hit the start measurung button and go from there.it can also tell you the diameter(spelling).hope this helps.:)
regards

That helps a lot Tiny but do you have to locate the butt or can the computer somehow pickup on where whe log actually starts? It's interesting to see the equipment you guys use, theres a lot of similarities to the stuff they use on the west coast of canada/usa.

hi scott
yes you have to locate the start of measuring at the butt your self.would like to go over to the usa on day for a bit of a look at what they do over there:)
tiny

I'm not quite sure but i think some of the newer heads have sensors that can detect the butt of the log. I would think that if you had to make a cut and go from there it would result in a lot of wasted wood not to mention time lost by stopping to cut. At the same time though trying to guess the end of the log could lead to inaccurate log lengths.

Latest posts

Back