Last Independent Husky Distributer Gone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Good point. But would those twenty dealers have equalled Bailey's volume of saws sold and income generated for Husky?

I was at our Husky dealer this week and he didn't seem to feel any change in his sales volume so far.

The 20 was equivilency.. now they can establish another 500 or 2000 or whatever... that wouldn't sign up so long as Baileys was selling mail order..

Jacob J.
It will take Husky a while to implement the change, but it will happen and it will be beneficial to the company overall. They can sell their consumer models in the box stores and have the mom and pop stand alone dealerships handle the servicing contracts as well as sell the pro model gear.

Last edited:
Erick

Erick

Addicted to ArboristSite
It will take Husky a while to implement the change, but it will happen and it will be beneficial to the company overall. They can sell their consumer models in the box stores and have the mom and pop stand alone dealerships handle the servicing contracts as well as sell the pro model gear.

I disagree if Husqvarna wants to go the dealer only route then I say fine it will take a while to implement and it will benefit the company in the long run. However where I disagree is the fact that they can continue to undercut their "dealer" market by continuing to sell in the box stores. We all know the "homeowner" market outnumbers the pro market at least 25 to 1, so why would someone want to open a dealership knowing going in that they can not compete in the largest section of their market and then be forced to service all of the saws they weren’t able to sell? Like Romeo said his brothers shop dropped Husky because they couldn't compete with the price at the box store across the street for the largest slice of the pie (homeowner market) and it made them look bad to everyone.

If Husky wants to continue to sell homeowner saws in the box stores then more power to them but IMO they should do it under any one of their other brands. Selling Husqvarna at HD or lowes only serves to cheapen their name and further alienate their own dealer network. If the only place you could get a Stihl.......... ooops I mean Husqvarna saw was at a Husqvarna dealer then the dealer network and brand recognition would have remained strong instead of where they are now.

slabmaster

slabmaster

ArboristSite Guru
I say if they won't service them they shouldn't sell em! Are you listening LOWES:mad: Shame on husky for Letting someone sell there saw without service.I like my husky saws alot,but won't buy one from someone that doesnt carry the parts.Looks like STIHL will be my saw of choice in the future.