Latest Gen. BBN 066 kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiodieselNC

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just had a couple of quick questions. Recently got my 066 big bore kit in from Baileys, sitting on my desk. I notice it has the black coating, and I wasn't sure if the 4th gen kits are supposed to have this black coating or not. I thought the earlier kits had it. I recently got an 044 BB kit, and it was not black. Also the picture online shows a grey cylinder, but not black like this.

I've attached some photos, they are crappy (from my phone) but hopefully showing port shapes and combustion chamber. Does this jug have the new combustion chamber design? Also, what is up with this intake port? Lots of intake duration i guess. Don't have the kit on the saw, so no timing numbers, but this is kinda different than any other saw i've done. But then again, this is my first 066. Heck, my 440 has wider ports than this.

What do you guys think, is this current generation? Or did I get an old one?

View attachment 217529
View attachment 217530
View attachment 217531
View attachment 217532

Good to hear, I'm pretty pleased with it. NiSi coating goes all the way to the top, combustion chamber is immaculate, exhaust port is real nice, transfers are pretty good. Intake port is gonna need some work, crooked beveling and unsymmetrical shape. But hey, its getting ported anyways :msp_biggrin:

Are there any other options for pistons with this kit? It appears the skirts are very narrow, in fact the skirts on this piston are around 1.37" wide, while my 046 Meteor piston has a skirt width of 1.45" There seems to be a lack of 56mm pistons options out there.

Latest posts

Back