Leftover husky 55?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdenny

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a husky 55 (not rancher) can still be had anywhere? I know they have been discontinued for a while but surely some dealer must have a couple still sitting around. My local dealer ran out long ago and he said he would ask his rep about getting one but probably none available. Heck, one of my local jonsered dealers still has brand new 670 champs and 2055 turbos still in boxes and I know the 670 was discontinued long before the 55. thanks brent

The 55 was only discontinued a year ago. Do you parts or a brand new saw?

The 55 rancher is the same thing, except for 3/8 chain and slightly different port timing

Hi bdenny, who is your local Jonsered dealer? What is he asking for the 2055s? Thanks.

Russ

Plenty of 55's at the local Lowes, price about 350. Probably available online for better than that also. Try soutwestfastener.com for about 289.00.

Last edited:

Thanks for the lead wolfman, I called them but they are all out. Russ, I will ask my dealer how much for the 2055 turbos. I think he has two left.

Southwest fastener still had the 55 on it's website as of a couple of weeks ago. I also noticed they weren't listing the new 338 climbing saws yet, so it may be that either they aren't very quick to update their website or they don't oreder new stock until the old stuff runs out. I bet they had tons of 55's as it was one of Husky's best-sellers.

You better get commission from your local guy for getting him out from under his old stock...I bet you could help him move a saw or two!

Still searching for a 55 non rancher. I dont know why I have such a hair up my a$$ about this saw but I really want one. I sent an email to tom dunlap who said he has a "basket case" 55:confused: Anyone know what he means? I have called just about every husky dealer on the net: ccd, alamia, madsens, mowersonline, southwestfastener, and a few others but no luck. I just thought of walkers. Ill try them tomorrow. Anyone else have an idea? Any of you saw builders or dealers out there have one?:( thanks
brent

Any reason to not look at a Husky 353 or even a 346XP? Looks like comparable power and weight with prices in the same range...

Brent,
You are probably more likely to find one at a smaller shop. I haven't run across one on the net since I found mine earlier this year--apparently I bought one of the last from Miller's. IMO the plain old 55 is nicer than the new rancher b/c it has the compression release and a little more hp. I have run it for a little bit and it isn't a bad saw. It is nice and light with enough hp for most small-medium jobs--I find that it is a little underpowered for hardwood though (like oak). I am thinking about going to a 372xp for the saw that will do it all. Anyways, I know that I also had a hard time finding the 55, and I know I saw it at a few places. A quick internet search found this place:
http://www.cutting-edgetech.com/chain_saws.html
try them and see if they still carry them.

Back